• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Vintage skis and gear (Hart, Hanson, Salomon).

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
Looking for the following items for my collection. Will not become fence boards or chairs but cleaned, restored, some will go back on the piste.

Hart skis and merchandise from 1976 to 1981. (already have express, gray/orange/yellow freestyles, and Lancia)
Salomon series 1 S727 and S727E. (these have the metal heel).
Salomon 555 and 444 with snow brakes.
Hanson ski boots from the above time (76 to 81) in 26.5

Got anything else from that period you think represents the time? Let me know! Payment via paypal and I cover paypal fees and shipping costs.

Thanks!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've also been hunting late 70s "h"art freestyle (blue with white) and gremlins (white with red) like I had in the day. Seen some freestyles around but not for what I'm willing to pay..

I had some 727 (1-4) all metal posted here about a year ago. Was missing a heel window that I stole for my 727Es. Sorry, don't still have any spare all metal 700 series available.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looking for the following items for my collection. Will not become fence boards or chairs but cleaned, restored, some will go back on the piste.

Hart skis and merchandise from 1976 to 1981. (already have express, gray/orange/yellow freestyles, and Lancia)

Got anything else from that period you think represents the time? Let me know! Payment via paypal and I cover paypal fees and shipping costs.

Thanks!

Wouldn't that be a "3" shell in Hanson-ese?

TS
Kris77

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
To be honest, I don't rightly know how the Hansons are sized. It took me quite some time to figure out how Salomon sizes their boots. You really have to dig for the information! I figured anyone who had them would understand mondo sizing. :)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Wouldn't that be a "3" shell in Hanson-ese?
The oldest Hanson boots were sized 1 - 4 and had the wax fill but the late 70's and early 80's they went to half sizes 1 1/2 - 3 1/2 N, M, W and 4 1/2 M, W. these are the Citation and Spider models with Flo fill packs between the shell and the liner. The 26.5 of today may have been a 2 or a 3 depending on the volume of the foot. It would be a 2 1/2 in the later models but N, M, W again depends on the foot.

TS
Kris77

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
The oldest Hanson boots were sized 1 - 4 and had the wax fill but the late 70's and early 80's they went to half sizes 1 1/2 - 3 1/2 N, M, W and 4 1/2 M, W. these are the Citation and Spider models with Flo fill packs between the shell and the liner. The 26.5 of today may have been a 2 or a 3 depending on the volume of the foot. It would be a 2 1/2 in the later models but N, M, W again depends on the foot.
Thank you!! I had no idea. I was rather proud of myself when I finally figured out Salomons sizing system, but this seems even a bit more confusing. hahah

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you!! I had no idea. I was rather proud of myself when I finally figured out Salomons sizing system, but this seems even a bit more confusing. hahah
The Salomon sizing had a level of brilliance on how it focused on volume and not just length and width of the foot.

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor

Thanks!

Kris I have a pair of the first generation Hart Freestyles 185 blue white....now there not for sale but I'm always ready to trade for some thing else, tease me with some thing I really want like a VR 17 or 70 or my top missing ski K2 255 (GS/Soft/Mid)...balls is in your court.

Hardpack

Booting up
Skier
Hi Kris,
I've got a pair of Hexcel 532-HS - 190's, mounted with Marker M27's [used to be mounted with Spademans ;-)]. They are in remarkable shape. Please let me know if you're interested and we can figure something out, including how to get them to you.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
G'day Kris,
I own a pair of Hart Freestyles, 180's, that are the blue-with-white-lettering model. Not sure what year but would guess 1975 or 1976. I also own a pair of old Hanson ski boots (dark blue): measuring them indicates a boot sole length of 28.0 cm. Will be happy to share photos or info.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
G'day Kris,
I own a pair of Hart Freestyles, 180's, that are the blue-with-white-lettering model. Not sure what year but would guess 1975 or 1976. I also own a pair of old Hanson ski boots (dark blue): measuring them indicates a boot sole length of 28.0 cm. Will be happy to share photos or info.
Then I think you should! Hart thread, Hanson thread.

TS
Kris77

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
G'day Kris,

PM sent!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm also keeping an eye out for a pair of old hart freestyles, but no need to be in skiable condition.. These would be strictly wall hangers, edges and bases can be toast. Saw a pair at a thrift about 10 years ago and wish I had grabbed them. Would like to hang a pair of everything I ever owned in the past growing up. Got most of them one way or another but still trolling for a couple.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
crgildart,

G'day. I've responded to the PM Kris sent me regarding the old Hart Freestyles I own. I'll give him first shot at them since he started this thread; however, if he decides not to purchase them I'll get in touch with you. Thanks for your interest!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
crgildart,

G'day. I've responded to the PM Kris sent me regarding the old Hart Freestyles I own. I'll give him first shot at them since he started this thread; however, if he decides not to purchase them I'll get in touch with you. Thanks for your interest!

Sorry, but I meant it when I said "thrift stores" and "not skiable condition". I'm not even willing to pay over $25 delivered for what I had in mind. Just looking for a salvation army or goodwill pick up deal on that.

Would love to see photos of them posted here or in the hart thread Phil linked above.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier

Thanks!

VT Ski museum is having a sale of vintage gear.....

TS
Kris77

Kris77

Booting up
Skier
Props to the new guy Daniel! Hansons arrived quick and cheap! I am currently making the mold for the shin pads as we speak. Thanks!!! HANS.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Full disclosure, I also ski older boots and occasionally 70s ski gear. My newest skis are 2013 models. You are a brave soul. Last time I saw someone skiing a pair of those they were actually getting up from a minor crash.. The entire boot sole with both lugs broke clean off the upper part of the boot leaving them with the foot in the liner and ski, bindings still attached to now orphaned boot sole, headed down the mountain all by itself. :roflmao:
The integrity of those plastics breaks down after 20-30 years and they tend to blow apart, especially on really cold days. You may get no warning or not notice any cracks until it is too late. Good luck! Post photos of you skiing them in the retro thread.

Sponsor

Staff online