• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Someone has some old vintage ski sweater around they want to see put to good use. I wear M or L, depending on era/make/how much its shrunk. Think 15.5 by 34.5 shirt.

As long as it doesn't smell and screams old ski wear, I'm interested. Bonus points for cool brands, teams, clubs, etc.

I go to a bunch of ski events. And I'm tired of the whole "neon 90s" thing. I want to be woolen, leathery, and 60s.

Shipped to or pickup in Denver area. Not looking to spend much more than 50.

If you have other old school ski gear that you want to see used -- cool hats, thick flannel pants, I could be convinced of those as well.

Last edited:
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Lol weren't they mostly knit by grams and aunties back then :D

I've got some awesome hand knits. My better half brought me back the most insanely heavy winter-pattern sweater from Iceland. But it is too warm to wear basically anywhere.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Come on...someone is hoarding all the good stuff. I promise lots of fabulous photos of me rocking the sweater on and off the slopes.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Oh -- sorry just seeing this. Is that an offer? Are the bits on the side for bashing gates?

Red is the fastest color.
Yes padded arms for running gates. Meister lined college race sweater from 76. Large.
PM me if interested. Have padded race pants too if your really brave. :)

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have an older vintage ski sweater that I purchased in Boulder in the mid-70s while attending CU. It’s in great shape because it rarely was worn and then went into storage for a very, very long time. It is mostly black with orange and gold trim. I can’t recall other details right now other than it’s the size you’re looking for. I’m spending October in southern Portugal but, if you’re interested, I’ll take some photos, check manufacturer, etc. when I return home and get back to you.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
I may just have what you're looking for. This is from the late 70's early 80's
Patagonia Chamonix Guide Sweater,
Chamonix Sweater.jpg Size Large and its mint

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have a Dale ski sweater, Large I think. I bought it from @Lowell Watson . It's black with the traditional Dale of Norway design. See Post #3 here, last pic.

I can vouch for it being super warm and truly vintage. $40 plus shipping?

P.S. I found this on eBay with a "vintage ski sweater" search. Etsy has stuff like this too. Check out this: awesomeness

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I was going to suggest etsy. They have some pretty cool stuff. (and ebay, too)

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Dammit why did you post this, now I'm shopping ...
s-l1600.jpg

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Army surplus stores often have the thick wool pants, sometimes even ski sweaters; obviously they will be more military in style, but worth a shot.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Hey all -- sorry for lack of replies. I got hooked up. And while we didn't win any contests, we got lots of comments.

First time out with a couple of our friends. Unfortunately, I'm behind the camera.

nStJp5D.jpg

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the Icelandic sweater ... I bought a couple when I was there, and you're right, the big one is impossible to wear indoors. Luckily I was smart and got another that's lighter weight with short sleeves, to wear over a LS tee shirt.

Sponsor

Staff online