• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Vintage Phenix and Powderhorn Jackets.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I have this stuff that we've held onto for a long time, some "classic" clothing and gear. I'm going to donate all of the proceeds to a ski racing cause. Otherwise it will go to Goodwill, I guess. Would hate to see that.

I can PM much more detail on each of the following garments, including more pictures.

1. This is a two piece Phenix coat and vest combination. The vest fits over the jacket. You can wear one, or the other, or both. This was the best made by Phenix, around 1994. This is an XL. It's had some wear, but it's still in tremendous shape for a 1994 garment. It has one tiny grease sport on it, but no rips, no tears, and no real visible signs of wear. This has great soft, yet durable fabric. It was a very expensive garment back in the day. I'd like $35 for this.

IMG_1627.jpg

2. This is also Phenix, and also a MEDIUM. Our son actually wore this one, as it was given to him by his Rossignol race rep, when he was about 13-14. It has Rossignol embroidered across the back. This is the jacket that Rossi techs on the WC wore on the WC around 1999-2000. It has sleeves that zip off, so it can be worn as a vest. It has a reflective stipe on the chest, sleeves and across the back. Another absolute top quality garment. This one has been worn quite a bit, but they wear like iron, and it is by no means trashed. It has no defects at all. No rips, no stains, nothing.
I'd like $35 for this one.

IMG_1604.jpg IMG_1602.jpg

3. This is a pretty neat retro look for a woman. It's a Powderhorn jacket, which is thigh length. The waist can be cinched with the drawstring. Hood is in the collar. The entire lining is the pink and white striped look, which is pretty cool. It's been work, but again it's in great shape. Zero defects.
Size 10.
I'd like $25 for it.

IMG_1622.jpg

I have a lot of pictures of each garment. Send me a message if you'd like to see more.

The prices DON'T include shipping, and as you probably know the USPS just increased all of their rates. I'm thinking that some might want more that one of these, and we can combine them. We can figure out the shipping based on your location.

If you have any interest in this stuff, let me know. We just have too much "stuff' !!

Look it over.....offers considered, etc.!

Thanks!

xwpracer

Booting up
Skier
Too bad the white one isn't a xl, I'd be all over that! Both GREAT pieces for a screaming price.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
@murphysf,

That XL Phenix vest/jacket combo is a neat “kit.” Wear the vest over the jacket, just the vest, just the jacket. It was the most expensive jacket that Phenix sold in the mid 90’s, when the USST and the Norwegians were outfitted in Phenix.
You could have that as a spring retro wear piece for decades! It’s different enough to get a lot of thumbs up. And also very wearable for non retro days.

I’m not giving it away. The money is going to two junior race scholarship programs. And shipping rates are not cheap from Boston to SF.

I can sell it, shipped for $50.

It’s nice, not a thrift store cast off.

————————————————————

And I am BLOWN AWAY that nobody wants the Rossi Team by Phenix coat. That thing is great. If I could BUY a NEW one in an XL, I would jump on it. Might be the one of the best jackets we’ve ever had in hour family....out of a couple of hundred!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Bump.

BOTH men’s jackets double as vests. Great for spring retro wear.

Going to be painful to drop these with Goodwill.

These are all pretty neat......

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah that Rossi jacket is sweet! Just too small.
Karbon basically copied the look. Psia examiners had a similar look jacket around then.

The Phenix is a tank! You'll need a very sturdy hanger. Totally bomber.
I bought one from muleski a couple yrs ago. Jean Claude Van Damme probably had one of these things.

Be a great jacket to go to the wcup at Killington in Nov. Even a Euro coach might talk to you. (Bring cigarettes. ogwinkThey prob don't smoke anymore, but they did when the jacket was new)

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Muleski Would the white Rossi one fit a size 12 woman? If so, I am interested.

I would totally wear that women's pink jacket on a spring day but it's too small. :-(

FWIW, there is a market on Etsy for retro ski gear. ;-)

TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Hi @Wendy,

I'm going to put my sizing expert on to it later today/tonight.

I am guess absolutely on the Rossi/Phenix. It's a men's medium. Of course sizing has morphed all over the place since then!

I think that the pink Powderhorn is on the generous side for a 10, but I'm not sure. Need my wife's input.

They are both very neat.

We'll be back to you. Thanks!

James

Out There
Instructor
Wendy, if you get the Rossi jacket you're going to have to start coaching!

IMG_6132.JPG
Not Phenix, Italian stuff, July 2001, Les deux Alpes.

Jackets are getting lighter, but still pretty beefy. Guy on the left is an ex Italian downhiller. His "warmup run" was basically going straight. The guy on the right is an Italian race coach. He smoked, (that's not lip balm), and skied short carvers with no poles. Classic. Don't know who he was but he had a lot of respect.

I think these were the last of the (geico) "more" jackets. More material, more heavy duty material, more zippers, more things they do like vest/jacket, vest, jacket. You could ski through NE trees and just shed dead branches. Barely feel it.

After this things went in the lightweight direction. Phenix even got into some quite dainty fabrics. Imo, downhill for awhile.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
@dovski, Yes it is. Surprised....but it is.
PM me with questions, etc.
And thanks Muleski for the retro threads. I am going to tell my kids and wife that it is a new European jacket to see their reaction … should be fun :) I am also going to wear my vintage 80's Oakley Pilot sunglasses and head band to complete the look :)

dovski

Skier
Say Muleski you don't happen to have an vintage ski pants to go with the jackets?

dovski

Skier
Ok so funny story … at least it is for me :) Growing up in Alberta I always wanted one of those cool European ski jackets, but may parents were firm believers in that we should by everything at the ski swap … I mean everything. Mom did the same thing with our hockey gear right down to the cup which my brothers and I discovered years later … mom claimed she boiled them which in her mind made it ok, I am not so sure I agree.

What this meant was that growing up we always wore hand me down Sun Ice which was made in Calgary at the time or BlueSky gear which was also made locally but no loner exists. Super fancy ski gear like the Phenix was just not in the cards. So super stoked that Muleski has held on to these so long and thought of the PugSki community first as opposed to the thrift shop. Also great that the proceeds are going to support a good cause. Thank you Muleski for holding on to these and preserving the ski couture of our youth.

Sponsor

Staff online