• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Video: Didier Cuche and Lara Gut on the race course

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What if Didier Cuche came out of retirement to race in the WC?
Lara Gut and Didier Cuche go Head to Head on a WC race course.
From Lara's FB Page
Lara Gut added a new video: Challenge Ski.

I'm almost ready for Sölden but what if Didier Cuche would make his comeback at the Worldchampionship in St. Moritz? I'm lucky I'm not racing with the men J #TheChallenge #LaraVSDidier

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Fun video. Obviously to promote the St. Moritz 2017 FIS World Championships. Seeing Cuche made me think of Bode, though. Not that Cuche is making/faking a comeback, Ha!

If Bode had decided to actually publicly retire, as Cuche did, rumor is that he could have been signed to a personal services contract with Head {and CEO Eliasch} that would dwarf Cuche's deal. And let's assume that Cuche has a good one. He's a popular guy.

These typically require giving the company a certain number of days a year. Say it's 20. I hear pretty good speculation that Bode left a lot of money on the table. More than some think he could ever pull out of Bomber.

But, some say he didn't want to commit to the 20 days.

Head and the Swiss federation keep Cuche's name and face public, as it helps them. It's a huge sport there. This is possibly a FIS/Audi spot, too. CertIanly Audi, duh! Fun.

Bode plays a very good tennis game. He's also a darn good golfer. Bode would be a good guy to have "hanging around" if you were the Head CEO. Bode is still a "rock star" in Europe. Just thinking.

Cuche just killing it! Any notice of the skis? Look to be an old pair of his GS group. BTW, Cuche is 42. Retired at 37. He had a lot of injuries over the years, too. But serious competitor. Guy is always smiling and chuckling. Loved watching him. Like the short guys.

Lara Gut and Cuche are no doubt two of the most popular athletes in the country. Along with Federer.

Fun video! Thanks for posting it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My takeaway - They look like they're having fun!

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
My takeaway - They look like they're having fun!

I think they honestly are. Two big personalities, much loved on the WC, in Switzerland, and by Head. Not exactly a tough day at the office.
Lara Gut is all of 25, BTW. She is going to be a star, in many ways as her career continues. Fun video!

And to my Bode point and tread drift. He presumably walked away from a TON on money, with his Head relationship. We'll see how Bomber works out. Bode could have been a big "face" for Head. He probably thinks of it as selling out.

I see Cuche, in things like this and see his grin. He's having fun, and being well paid. All good!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think they honestly are. Two big personalities, much loved on the WC, in Switzerland, and by Head. Not exactly a tough day at the office.
Lara Gut is all of 25, BTW. She is going to be a star, in many ways as her career continues. Fun video!

And to my Bode point and tread drift. He presumably walked away from a TON on money, with his Head relationship. We'll see how Bomber works out. Bode could have been a big "face" for Head. He probably thinks of it as selling out.

I see Cuche, in things like this and see his grin. He's having fun, and being well paid. All good!
I've been thinking along those lines as well.
Working on the things we do, I know how important it is to make the right decisions, and continue to be relevant at the same time.

Sponsor

Staff online