• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Logging into board first time since April. Just spent some time catching up with the latest pass news since Vail sent an email alerting they are about to charge my Visa for the Senior Tahoe Value Pass I already made the spring auto-renew down payment for. September 3 is the last day for current low prices. Looks like nothing has changed from last year. The pricier Tahoe Local Pass doesn't include a senior rate and as a retired person, I don't care about not being able to ski resorts on Saturdays. All the multi-resort stuff is not of much interest and in any case out of my affluence range.

gilgamesh0

Booting up
Skier
Hi, any Stevens Pass Select pass holders upgrade to an Epic Local pass? Can you confirm what price you got for the exchange?

I know the early pricing is supposed to be available through Sep 3, I just tried calling and they were closed for the day, not super surprising, but my concern is they said their regular hours are Mon-Fri 9-5. Well if they are closed on Monday for Labor Day, I'm going to be seriously pissed if I call on Tuesday, Sep 4 and they've stopped offering the early bird pricing. Their emails, banners and faqs etc. have all said for weeks that the lowest price is available through Sep 3 -- that is seriously misleading information if you're not able to actually purchase on Sep 3, or 2nd or 1st. :O

gilgamesh0

Booting up
Skier
Not sure what number you are calling but maybe try 970-745-0008 (Vail/Epic) and see what they say. I am pretty sure they answer until 8:00 p.m. our time.
Thanks, but no I called a couple hours ago and then again a bit later, and the message said they were closed (and that regular hours are M-F 9-5 Mountain time).

Hopefully specifying Sep 3 just means they will be open as usual on Monday (if not, that will be pretty messed up IMO).

gilgamesh0

Booting up
Skier
Not sure what number you are calling but maybe try 970-745-0008 (Vail/Epic) and see what they say. I am pretty sure they answer until 8:00 p.m. our time.
Oops sorry, the number I was calling was the one in their email and faq etc., 970-754-0051.

I tried the number above, thanks, so far it just always ends after a couple rings (and when I try with GV, it says it is an unassigned mobile number).

Last edited:

gilgamesh0

Booting up
Skier
Thanks, but no I called a couple hours ago and then again a bit later, and the message said they were closed (and that regular hours are M-F 9-5 Mountain time).

Ok, contrary to the voice message, they seem to be open through the weekend, calling now ends up on hold. Makes sense they'd need to ramp up this weekend, guess they just didn't update the message.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hi, any Stevens Pass Select pass holders upgrade to an Epic Local pass? Can you confirm what price you got for the exchange?

I know the early pricing is supposed to be available through Sep 3, I just tried calling and they were closed for the day, not super surprising, but my concern is they said their regular hours are Mon-Fri 9-5. Well if they are closed on Monday for Labor Day, I'm going to be seriously pissed if I call on Tuesday, Sep 4 and they've stopped offering the early bird pricing. Their emails, banners and faqs etc. have all said for weeks that the lowest price is available through Sep 3 -- that is seriously misleading information if you're not able to actually purchase on Sep 3, or 2nd or 1st. :O
I updated the seasons select passes for my wife and myself on August 23rd to the Military Pass for both of us. I called 970-754-0088 to talk to a seasons pass expert. I explained what I wanted and he walked me right through it. Opened a new account for me and got my credit card info. Set me up for both passes and said I would receive info in a couple of weeks. It only took two days and I got an email showing my credit from the select pass and new purchase. He explained what I needed to do in regards to photos on-line. All very easy. Pretty much a no brainer for us to go from a weekday restricted pass at Stevens only to a non restricted Epic Pass for an increase of $155 each including taxes after the refund from Stevens. Military Veterans pass is $499 instead of $899 and the lower price also applies to my wife as a dependent.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thanks, but no I called a couple hours ago and then again a bit later, and the message said they were closed (and that regular hours are M-F 9-5 Mountain
The actual number from their email that I received to talk to a season pass expert is 907-754-0088

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I updated the seasons select passes for my wife and myself on August 23rd to the Military Pass for both of us. I called 970-754-0088 to talk to a seasons pass expert. I explained what I wanted and he walked me right through it. Opened a new account for me and got my credit card info. Set me up for both passes and said I would receive info in a couple of weeks. It only took two days and I got an email showing my credit from the select pass and new purchase. He explained what I needed to do in regards to photos on-line. All very easy. Pretty much a no brainer for us to go from a weekday restricted pass at Stevens only to a non restricted Epic Pass for an increase of $155 each including taxes after the refund from Stevens. Military Veterans pass is $499 instead of $899 and the lower price also applies to my wife as a dependent.
The select passes that we had were the tier one early bird pricing and our refunds were $346.43 each. This included the refund of $27.43 for the Washington State B&O tax. What you paid for yours would be the amount that you deduct from the new pass

gilgamesh0

Booting up
Skier
The select passes that we had were the tier one early bird pricing and our refunds were $346.43 each. This included the refund of $27.43 for the Washington State B&O tax. What you paid for yours would be the amount that you deduct from the new pass
Thanks, yeah I guess it's just a straight difference from what you paid. Kind of unfortunate that you lose any savings from committing to Stevens' tier one early bird pricing -- their earlier faq made it sound like it would be a delta from the current pricing for the passes you are exchanging, but if so I guess they decided not to do that.

It's made me have to actually think hard about It ;), whereas earlier I was quite sure I'd take the plunge.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thanks, yeah I guess it's just a straight difference from what you paid. Kind of unfortunate that you lose any savings from committing to Stevens' tier one early bird pricing -- their earlier faq made it sound like it would be a delta from the current pricing for the passes you are exchanging, but if so I guess they decided not to do that.

It's made me have to actually think hard about It ;), whereas earlier I was quite sure I'd take the plunge.
My decision was very easy as my wife and I now qualify for the Military Epic pass that is unrestricted and $499 not the full price for non-military Epic Pass.

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
Has anyone seen any specific news about expansion or improvements at Stevens? I heard a rumor that they will be replacing Brooks and Daisy, but I can't find any confirmation of that. Expanded terrain would be great and what is really needed. That and hiring someone to clean the bathrooms.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Brooks and Daisy, and Kehr’s replacements have all been planned for a while. It’s too late to do any infrastructure changes this year, hopefully next year Vail will decide to invest in some capital expenditures, more than just spiffing up the base and retail shops.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
My decision was very easy as my wife and I now qualify for the Military Epic pass that is unrestricted and $499 not the full price for non-military Epic Pass.
Just an update. I did the seasons pass upgrades for my wife and myself from Stevens Pass to Epic Military Pass and paid on 8/23/18. I received the Epic Passes yesterday 10/1/18. I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they told me they were very busy with everything going on.

Sponsor

Staff online