• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah that would be hilarious!

Tour guide Susan:
Skiing ahead, tourists behind, she's talking to the town of Aspen thousands of feet below.
"Oh gee.. yeah this is interesting. There's a couple rocks over there."
Tourist 1: "Whoah! Rocks!!
Susan: "Yeah it gets a bit bony in here but the snow is really good."
Tourist2: "Ughh..I just hit a rock!"
T3: " Me too! Feels like a core shot!"
T4: "Are we lost? We're in a minefield."
T1: "She said the snow was good this way."
Susan: "Yeah guys watch out there... Ski around the rocks, not over them."

(Pointing to a huge glare ice spot over a roller. Impossible to avoid). "Now try to stay left after that roller. It's a bit icy."

T4: "When do we get to the snow?"
T1: "She said it's over the roller."
T2 "Yeah it's 'A bit icy' over the roller.
T3 "That's what she said?"
T4 " I get the idea that 'A bit icy' to her means we're likely to see guys with ice axes and crampons climbing up."
T3 "Do they license these guides?"
T1: "Volunteeeerr...Whoah!!!..." (Going over the roller)
T4:" What happened"
T2: " He went over the roller..."
T3: " She said stay left"
T4: "There were no consequences mentioned? Was it stay left or die?"
T2: "No. I can't see her. Maybe she's at the bar already."
T3: " Ya know, this snow is pretty good here.."
T4: " Yeah in between rocks!! I'm sure that's what they said on the Titanic! 'This is such a nice ship, such a beautiful night.' Then Leo is in the icy water clinging to a pallet with Kate on top freezing to death."
T3: "Well Kate came out ok..."
T4: "And Leo died!!"
"Ok, stay left...left... this snow better be good..."
Susan: ( 50 yards down) " Hey guys! It's good here."
T4: "I have no idea what that means. Two feet of powder but with a mandatory cliff?"
Susan: "Just a little drop here. Pay attention..."
T2: "Oh no...She said pay attention. She didn't say that with the rocks."
T3: "Yeah she did..."
T4 "After we hit them!"
T2: " I know. This is a before warning. That must be bad."
T3: "Hey where's T1?"
T2: "Last I saw he went over the roller."
T4: " Onto the ice!!"
T3 " Isn't he ahead?"
T2: "No"
T4: "I did hear something in the trees we went past."
T2: "Well she's going back to look if he's missing! ' Little bit of ice' ?? They could hold Olympic ice climbing on that patch."
T3: " Hey! The snow is good over here!.."
When I skied with her at Alta during a low snow year it was in chutes/ravines with a new pair of skis so I decided to break off for the sake of my bases. Looking back now, the skis were Cochises, I should have gone ahead and destroyed them.

I remember wondering if her skis were disposable.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
When I skied with her at Alta during a low snow year it was in chutes/ravines with a new pair of skis so I decided to break off for the sake of my bases. Looking back now, the skis were Cochises, I should have gone ahead and destroyed them.

I remember wondering if her skis were disposable.
She's just light on her feet

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I find that following @SBrown is worth it. But I am also drawn to runs with signs like "Early Season Conditions," and I frequently bushwhack through miles (approximately) of thickets in search of a single powder turn I think might be out there.

Seriously, if you ski light and strategically avoid edges in bare spots, you can avoid a lot of potential core shots. It also helps if you just don't GAF about some scratches.

James

Out There
Instructor
I remember wondering if her skis were disposable
Well afaik she doesn't do a lot of damage to her skis. I've skied her Mx83's and they were in fine shape. I've tuned others of hers and never noticed anything. Certainly not like Dan Egan's skis. (His poles were scary)
I'm likely to do more heinous damage. So I would not say her skis are disposable. Nor deplorable...
You do enter the twilight zone if you choose to follow. Different laws seem to apply.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
You gotta love skiing more than you love your skis.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well afaik she doesn't do a lot of damage to her skis. I've skied her Mx83's and they were in fine shape. I've tuned others of hers and never noticed anything. Certainly not like Dan Egan's skis. (His poles were scary)
I'm likely to do more heinous damage. So I would not say her skis are disposable. Nor deplorable...
You do enter the twilight zone if you choose to follow. Different laws seem to apply.

Repeat after me:
Go PAST it, not OVER it.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Although I do remember one run in Zuma at ABASIN when I was leading through what I thought was the secret passage between the rocks and yelling to those behind me, "stop, Stop, STOP!"

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Remember too, we still are only dating our skis...You as much as anyone should know that. :duck:

I'd be arrested on assault charges if I treated a human the way I treat my skis!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Although I do remember one run in Zuma at ABASIN when I was leading through what I thought was the secret passage between the rocks and yelling to those behind me, "stop, Stop, STOP!"

Yes, sometimes that happens, too. Ribbit.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier