• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vail pass sales up 15% for 2019/2020 ski season

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Winner for Creepy Phrase of the Day Award: "driving material contributions"

I mean that could so easily have been in a ransom demand or a cruise ship business plan or a cult operations document :eek:

Seriously, how exactly does one read that phrase without feeling creeped out?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The part that I quoted is after Katz says "Turning to our season pass sales..." I read it pretty clearly as they are including the day passes in the definition of season pass. I think it's also telling on this version released by MTN that it's all in the same paragraph which ends with "partially offset by the ramp up of Epic Day Pass sales."

http://investors.vailresorts.com/ne...orts-fiscal-2019-fourth-quarter-and-full-year

I'd guess the same... but it sure would be nice if they said something like "season pass sales, which include Epic Day Pass sales, are up...." or something like that. I guess I just have a hard time thinking of a 2-day pass, as a "season pass". I suppose it doesn't matter if they sell a season pass good for 100 days, or a day pass good for 3 days, if the total revenue is up.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
So while passes went up +/- 15% they also reported this:

Vail Resorts Reports Fiscal 2019 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results and Provides Fiscal 2020 Outlook

BROOMFIELD, Colo., Sept. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today reported results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended July 31, 2019 and provided its outlook for the fiscal year ending July 31, 2020.

Highlights

Net income attributable to Vail Resorts, Inc. was $301.2 million for fiscal 2019, a decrease of 20.7% compared to fiscal 2018, which was positively impacted by U.S. tax reform.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So while passes went up +/- 15% they also reported this:

Net income attributable to Vail Resorts, Inc. was $301.2 million for fiscal 2019, a decrease of 20.7% compared to fiscal 2018, which was positively impacted by U.S. tax reform.

Talk about sloppy antecedent basis for 'which' :roflmao:, that last clause can have 3+ different meanings - and several variants thereon depending on how one interprets 'positively'.