• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
Vail Shmail :)

Last season in late November/ Early December when there was barely 100 acres open ANYWHERE in state, Vail had over 1,000 acres open. Was easily the best skiing I had up to that point. Vail usually isn't too crowded this time of year either. Don't count 'em out!

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
The above comment is true, but Vail will have a tiny fraction of that 1,000 acres open this Thanksgiving.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
The above comment is true, but Vail will have a tiny fraction of that 1,000 acres open this Thanksgiving.
D'accord. Born Free is the archetypal WROD!
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
I think they only open it for Ski Patrol to be able to practice their first aid skills:eek:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
D'accord. Born Free is the archetypal WROD!
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
I think they only open it for Ski Patrol to be able to practice their first aid skills:eek:

Well if they have decent coverage, at least Born Free is wide... perhaps more of a WHOD (H=Highway)

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Well if they have decent coverage, at least Born Free is wide... perhaps more of a WHOD (H=Highway)
I hope so. As of a week ago, they had only made snow on the west 1/3 of the run. But with favorable conditions since then, let's hope they have good coverage from tree line to tree line.
The snow making and grooming crews always do a great job of making the most of what they have to work with.

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
Vail has 45 acres open today, less than 1%. By the way, it was the same last year. Two years ago it was 24%, which is over 1,000 acres.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier