• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Vail Buying Smuggler’s Notch?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Ha read the article if smuggs has better tree skiing than stowe because of the birthday Bowls? lol Stowe has the Birthday bowls as well, we share them!

Liftline is legit though

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ha read the article if smuggs has better tree skiing than stowe because of the birthday Bowls? lol Stowe has the Birthday bowls as well, we share them!

Liftline is legit though

If Stowe and Smuggs share terrain, could you see Vail somehow connecting the 2 resorts?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I mean its already connected for the adventurous. The terrain were share isnt part of either resort, but a backcountry zone that is between them but serviced by lifts at each resort. There is already ways between them.

Also putting that info in that article could leads to some very lost and very scared people, its is VERY easy to get clifffed out in the birthday bowl area especially the shot mentioned in the article that comes down to the visitor center.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
The connection is no longer in play because the Big Spruce chair replacement is not aligned the same way and doesn't reach the summit of the old trail. Doesn't mean it can't be fixed though.

Will be the best complex in the east for sure if it happens, but I know a lot of people that won't be happy. Probably would make Jay to Ikon a no brainer.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the Smuggs terrain but not enough to put up with the lifts. I know that the slow lifts help create the on-trail experience with low traffic but I don't get out enough each year so I like to get as many runs in as possible every day. Vail would likely update the lifts so IMO that would be plus.

Personally I'd love to see Vail buy Smuggs but only if they somehow manage to get an interconnect approved, which I've read is going to be near impossible.

Last edited:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The connection is no longer in play because the Big Spruce chair replacement is not aligned the same way and doesn't reach the summit of the old trail. Doesn't mean it can't be fixed though.

Will be the best complex in the east for sure if it happens, but I know a lot of people that won't be happy. Probably would make Jay to Ikon a no brainer.

yeah the chair being in a different spot makes it a 30 second walk....

Sponsor

Staff online