• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Vail Announces Stowe's New Management

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There’s a new team in town. Vail Resorts announced today Bobby Murphy will be taking over from Barry Prius as the new vice president and general manager of Stowe Mountain Resort,. The takeover will be effective at close, expected in June.
bobby_murphy08.jpg
Here’s what we know about Bobby Murphy: he eats Quaker Oatmeal Squares for breakfast, has Eric B & Rakim, Tupac and Ice Cube on his playlist, watches America’s Got Talent and his most memorable ski moment was standing atop of the L’Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix, France. Or at least that’s what his profile at the Vail Ski & Snowboard School page states. Other than that, he’s a helluva a skier. As Vail’s release goes on to state:

The 2016-2017 ski season marks Murphy’s 30th year in the ski industry. Notably, throughout the past 14 years he has brought extensive leadership and innovation at the senior management level to the guest experience and ski area operations.

“Throughout his career, Bobby has played an integral role for cultivating guest services, developing ski and snowboard school experiences and for elevating resort operations,” said Vail Resorts mountain division president, Pat Campbell. “He brings significant industry experience that will benefit both the resort and the greater local community. I’m very pleased to see Bobby in this role and confident he will contribute incredible leadership to Stowe.”

As the current vice president of guest services and ski and snowboard school at Vail Mountain, Murphy leads several departments for one of the largest resorts in North America. He has a deep dedication to the mountain experience and looks to share his passion with guests, employees and communities in Vermont.

“Stowe has a reputation for creating exceptional guest experiences and I look forward to leading and collaborating with the team to build on that reputation.” Murphy said. “Additionally, I’m especially fortunate to be moving to Vermont – an area of the country with a remarkable history within, and connection to, skiing and snowboarding.”

Read whole article here: VT Ski & Ride

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thought is was going to be a more global shakeup, given the spell-corrected title. (Which has since been corrected.)

Last edited:

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I know Vail is not popular these days on certain websites, but the wife and I are likely going on a 7 day ski club trip there late Feb early March. I'm looking forward to it.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Nice jacket! Looks NEW. ;-)

or is that just photoshop?