• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Vail and Beaver Creek hit $219 window ticket price

LowPressureKarl

Putting on skis
Skier
Thousands of people never even pick up their Epic passes. High day ticket prices, induce them to make poor choices.
VR is the evil empire. Those of you enticed by their
low pass prices, shall rot on mediocre terrain and gorge yourselves on overpriced burnt Koala Bear burgers.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thousands of people never even pick up their Epic passes. High day ticket prices, induce them to make poor choices.
low pass prices, shall rot on mediocre terrain and gorge yourselves on overpriced burnt Koala Bear burgers.
Where do you ski, Karl? If Vail is the evil empire... what is Alterra?

amlemus

Putting on skis
Skier

Honestly, I'll ski what's most convenient for my schedule and get the pass that allows me to get out there as much as I can. Right now, that's an Epic Pass. May switch to Ikon next year for some variety in the I-70 corridor next season. Didn't you know that Koala burgers are supposed to be well-done?

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And yet, at the same time, small resorts are closing left and right.
You’d think that if the big names are priced like this, there would be plenty of market for a smaller, less fancy resort to offer ~$120/day passes and fill the chairs on the lift all season long.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
And yet, at the same time, small resorts are closing left and right.
You’d think that if the big names are priced like this, there would be plenty of market for a smaller, less fancy resort to offer ~$120/day passes and fill the chairs on the lift all season long.

organise a bus

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not so much a mass shuttering, as that they are slowly closing, on at a time.
”The truth of the matter is that Colorado hosted over 175 ski areas since it became a state
in the mid-1800's. Today, only about 30 ski areas operate on a regular
basis, leaving over 145 dormant sites.“
”New Hampshire's 175 lost ski areas

When I drive through the UP, there are resorts for sale, our local hill just had a huge emergency funding by the city, Telemark, WI where we Mtb has closed, the list goes on.

I hear the same thing in the Alps, people want the huge and well known resorts, and the smaller hills struggle.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Yeah, unfortunately mega passes are going to accelerate the deaths of many smaller hills. Many will be faced with either selling to Vail/Alterra (if they are interested) or die.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January