• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utterly irrelevant, must see

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Jeez, that song always gets me, it's so sad, but that video...

The original is a tear-jerker:

TS
newboots

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
@scott43 I'm from Massachusetts, US, so I never heard of this hospital. It makes me think it's the best place to be if you're a preemie, though.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Thank you. Best use of that song EVER.

It is a very good and well written song but "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", is a piece that has given me a very bad feeling for a long time.

My folks took me on what might have been my 1st ski vacation around 63 to Telemark, WI, I was about 11. One evening we went into Cable for dinner and a movie.
The movie was a war story and it had a scene that still bothers me.

A group of soldiers were selected for a special assignment on Christmas without their weapons. They are driven away from their unit and they are speculating on the purpose of the mission. After a big Holiday meal they were marched out into the snow to witness a firing squad. All of the way through this scene the Director backed it up with this song; very disturbing to an 11 year old that has left a mark for 55 years.

Hope that this version will supplant it. Thank you. That would be a very kind gift.

TS
newboots

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
@Bad Bob Oh dear. I'm sure it was a very effective cinematic technique, but oh dear.

Play this one several times. I hope it works! I love the a capella singing, probably inevitable in the NICU. Beautiful voices, accomplished singers for non-professionals. I love watching the baby's lips occasionally sucking; it makes her look like she has a fighting chance!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
@scott43 I'm from Massachusetts, US, so I never heard of this hospital. It makes me think it's the best place to be if you're a preemie, though.

Sick Kids is probably the go-to children's hospital here, but Sunnybrook is all around great. They have the best trauma centre..I used to have a sticker on my motorcycle helmet that said "Please take me to Sunnybrook."

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Thank you. Best use of that song EVER.

It is a very good and well written song but "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", is a piece that has given me a very bad feeling for a long time.

My folks took me on what might have been my 1st ski vacation around 63 to Telemark, WI, I was about 11. One evening we went into Cable for dinner and a movie.
The movie was a war story and it had a scene that still bothers me.

A group of soldiers were selected for a special assignment on Christmas without their weapons. They are driven away from their unit and they are speculating on the purpose of the mission. After a big Holiday meal they were marched out into the snow to witness a firing squad. All of the way through this scene the Director backed it up with this song; very disturbing to an 11 year old that has left a mark for 55 years.

Hope that this version will supplant it. Thank you. That would be a very kind gift.

I am pretty sensitive with movies (and otherwise). I'm known to have wept with Adam Sandler's sentimal bits in his family comedies. Long story short, when me (or my kids, accidentally) see something shocking in a movie, I like to go through the exercise of going, mentally, through what must have been the process of filming it. I go through it, and I imagine the director, technicians, all the people behind the camera, and all in a sudden it's gone. It has worked well so far :)

Sponsor

Staff online