• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah with kids question- heading to Utah and Jackson have two days to ski in Utah -

Sigs21

Booting up
Skier
Which resort is great for kids - Alta snow basin or snowbird ( know the kids would like the tunnel .

Skiing with kids - they love Telluirde home MTN they did not Taos .lookin for a fun day with the kids . And suggestions ..

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
We prefer Alta over Snowbird for our now 12 and 9 year olds - east coasters, southern at that mind you, so minimal ski days per year, but they're both solid intermediates for kids. I think Alta has better green and intro blue terrain off the Sunnyside/Albion side, and we've skied off of Sugarloaf and Supreme. My son especially loves the easy glades down above Alf's restaurant.

We have skied Snowbird with them a lot less, never skied Snowbasin. To be fair - we've never done the Baby Thunder area, and I thought Emmas was too much of a choke point for 'Bird's green and blue stuff.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
If the kids love Telluride for all its gentle rolling green/easier blue runs, then none of these will be a great fit. Not much real novice terrain at any of them, and what's there gets overskied and chopped up. Go to Powder Mountain instead, or just pick the one you think you'll enjoy and put the kids in lessons--hopefully they'll get to the point where they can enjoy more terrain.
If they're confident intermediate or advanced skiers, they should have fun at any of these.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you’re driving to Jackson after a day of skiing, the whole family will probably enjoy the shorter drive from Snowbasin.

Sponsor

Staff online