• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the cornice broke off.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow. I could see how it could come from there, I just couldn't believe it would remain that much intact after rolling all that way.:geek:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
We saw your car on the road. It appears you bushwhacked the climb? We snowshoed to the picnic table in an ode to Gizmo, and bushwhacked. Way more fun than the beaten path.
I am trying to pretend that I am actually in the real backcountry. I have been having to go further and further out to find areas that have not been skied. Interesting that I saw way less people Saturday then in previous days. Lots of people on the golf course though. Looking like rain today so I guess I can finally rest my poor feet.
So sorry about Gizmo :( I wore myself out pulling his sled in December ;)

EEBF8A00-7EA5-4035-9F44-B1C526DA1A05.jpeg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am trying to pretend that I am actually in the real backcountry. I have been having to go further and further out to find areas that have not been skied. Interesting that I saw way less people Saturday then in previous days. Lots of people on the golf course though. Looking like rain today so I guess I can finally rest my poor feet.
So sorry about Gizmo :( I wore myself out pulling his sled in December ;)

View attachment 98912
I was commenting whining yesterday how this is probably the best spring skiing here in years, and we haven't been able to ski it. I mean, tons of snow late March, and mostly cool temps.

I am quite certain that @utskier's other horse will more than admirably fill Gizmo's shoes in pulling that sled. Yes, it was heavy! He just needs to get her in shape. (For those who are wondering-he had to put down his 21 year old horse who has been his pack companion, parade companion, gaming companion, for 20 years just Thursday. He's pretty devastated. He used to pull a sled each December about a mile into the woods in the snow to a party our Swiss friend had every year, with a bonfire and fondue.)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, what's up with Utah earthquakes?

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was commenting whining yesterday how this is probably the best spring skiing here in years, and we haven't been able to ski it. I mean, tons of snow late March, and mostly cool temps.

I am quite certain that @utskier's other horse will more than admirably fill Gizmo's shoes in pulling that sled. Yes, it was heavy! He just needs to get her in shape. (For those who are wondering-he had to put down his 21 year old horse who has been his pack companion, parade companion, gaming companion, for 20 years just Thursday. He's pretty devastated. He used to pull a sled each December about a mile into the woods in the snow to a party our Swiss friend had every year, with a bonfire and fondue.)
Please give Bryce our condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online