• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I might borrow my son's golf clubs and start playing some golf out here soon. But we better not talk about it too much because next thing they'll close all the courses.
I'm a hacker and never gonna shoot my age unless I'm still playing at 95, but do you get any bonus points if your golf score is less than the price of your lift ticket?

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I might borrow my son's golf clubs and start playing some golf out here soon. But we better not talk about it too much because next thing they'll close all the courses.
Wasatch County goes into lockdown tomorrow at midnight. No travel outside and no recreational visitors are allowed to travel into Wasatch county.

I suspect that public golf courses will shut down VERY soon. We are playing inside gates, so hard to close our course, but who knows. As is it walking only (no carts) and not supposed to touch the flag (cup liner is raised so balls can‘t go into the hole)

I wonder if they are going to not allow non-wasatch county fisherman to fish the middle Provo river??? That would be nice.

@Jim Kenney get after the golf... If I can start skiing in my 50’s you can get out there and play golf

Last edited:

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Those are awesome. I discovered that carrying skis on my back is REALLY hard. I had aspirations to get up high like that, but there was no way!
I only hike with skis on my pack when it is too steep to skin. It is quicker for a short hike vs. putting skins on. But not for as far as you hiked yesterday!

justaute

Graceful Bowling Ball
Skier
You did it! We did on Sunday and it was HARD!

It was hard. It wasn't easy coming down, either. Willow Spring was almost untouched. I had a hard time in that deep, dense snow. Something to work on -- ok, a lot of things to work on, including my endurance. haha

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It was hard. It wasn't easy coming down, either. Willow Spring was almost untouched. I had a hard time in that deep, dense snow. Something to work on -- ok, a lot of things to work on, including my endurance. haha
I'm sure descending through that wasn't fun, for sure. The snow has had a lot of time to set up.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We skinned up to the top of Needles Gondola today. When we got to the top, the clouds cleared and we saw a large avalanche in Middle Bowl Cirque. It was probably natural but not sure since there was no others on top when we were there.
IMG_3727.JPG
On the way down we put 2 tracks on Middle Bowl Face. The snow was good down to 7500 ft level but fairly heavy below.
IMG_3731.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.