• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
Forecast just keeps looking better. I know we all look at this stuff but I’m going to post anyway, because stoke.

This is the forecast for the base. Even Evan now says 5-10” tomorrow. Cottonwoods are totally going to get 2-3 ft before Thanksgiving.

D0C225BB-153A-4C1B-A8BD-FD677053C08D.png

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Scratched the ski itch at Brighton today. The atmosphere was fun and festive.
Majestic and a beginner lift were open. Lift waits we’re about five minutes on majestic as they were only loading every other chair. Because of that I think the runs never felt overcrowded. Skied till 1:30 PM and except for the first few runs where the lines were short, the wait time remained consistent. What was covered was covered well.
064D9820-08D2-41A7-B0E9-0F7CF480695C.jpeg

Even though I wear one now, I have no strong feelings about helmets one way or the other as I spent most of my skiing life without one. It was noteworthy today that it seemed like more than half the people on the mountain were without helmets. The areas I frequent most often it seems rare these days to see someone without a helmet on, so it did strike me as odd. Is this a Brighton thing or has anyone ever noticed anything similar?

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Scratched the ski itch at Brighton today. The atmosphere was fun and festive.
Majestic and a beginner lift were open. Lift waits we’re about five minutes on majestic as they were only loading every other chair. Because of that I think the runs never felt overcrowded. Skied till 1:30 PM and except for the first few runs where the lines were short, the wait time remained consistent. What was covered was covered well.
View attachment 84987

Even though I wear one now, I have no strong feelings about helmets one way or the other as I spent most of my skiing life without one. It was noteworthy today that it seemed like more than half the people on the mountain were without helmets. The areas I frequent most often it seems rare these days to see someone without a helmet on, so it did strike me as odd. Is this a Brighton thing or has anyone ever noticed anything similar?

I can already tell I'm going to miss the mid-week Brighton pass that I didn't renew this year :) Was all of the majestic terrain open? Smart of them to load every other chair lift for crowd control.

vast majority at Brighton wears helmets so the half you saw today is an anomaly. Perhaps Brighton has the most non-helmeted riders in Northern Utah (owing to old school snowboarders) but still the heavy majority of people at Brighton wear helmets.

4ster

Instructor
Was all of the majestic terrain open? Smart of them to load every other chair lift for crowd contro
Only two main runs were open one on the left and one on the right. Good on them for getting after it when it was cold.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
lack of helmets probably due to the bunny slope terrain they opened up . I never noticed this being a common practice over there.

one of my buddies reporting at least 4 inches in Brighton's parking lot this morning around 0830

KEEP THE WHITE STUFF COMING!!

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
Brighton didn’t get crest open this weekend, but they do have it covered with snowmaking equipment. For the few runs that were open, on piste coverage was pretty good and confidence inspiring.

Lines weren’t bad for the first hour but quickly became intolerable for me after that. Still managed to get a few runs in and I might sneak back during a weekday if they get more terrain open.

7CEA36F4-7730-4D1A-B97B-C68B1AB6323A.jpeg
65962FD6-F73E-476D-BA50-E6050F272305.jpeg
3523C184-F3AF-4FD8-A8A3-30F8F70540B5.jpeg
724EA1F5-5896-4AB2-8044-F824AE557B02.jpeg

Last edited:

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
heard it was a disaster film up there with the crowds. football and beer proved to be the better option yesterday.

lets hope these storms change everything this week

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
finally opened up Crest at Brighton!

should be a fun long weekend based on the latest forecast and the rest of the cottonwoods opening friday :yahoo:

4ster

Instructor
Winter Storm Watch just upgraded to a Winter Storm WARNING! This one I can finally get excited about, SW flow usually bodes well for Snowbasin, Powder Mountain & the Ogden Valley. I am going to go take my bike rack off & maybe even get some gas for the snowblower :D.
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM WEDNESDAY TO 10 AM
MST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3
feet with isolated amounts up to 4 feet.

* WHERE...Wasatch Mountains I-80 North.

* WHEN...From 4 AM Wednesday to 10 AM MST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.

The Bomb Cyclone making landfall!
77003399_10215767782219539_1291400256776306688_o.jpg

I think I will still :crossfingers:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
See you at Basin on Monday?
It'll be a zoo this weekend. We're heading north.

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
I wish there were a way to spread the load. We have three resorts opening at once, I wonder if any will be quiet or take a bigger hammering than the others.

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
i'm thinking about it . depends on how much beer and turkey goes down thursday!!!

headed up to Brighton wed + thurs for morning sessions
Was thinking about it but I’m worried about wind/whiteout with that storm. Not very familiar with Brighton.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I wish there were a way to spread the load. We have three resorts opening at once, I wonder if any will be quiet or take a bigger hammering than the others.
I am interested myself. All will take a hammering is my guess with perhaps Solly taking the biggest hit due to IKON pass and being relatively smaller. But let's see.

If I brave the crowds Friday at Solly I will definitely report back in. But just going to Costco today in the afternoon was bad enough for me. Ever since I have been able to ski weekdays, I'm not cut out for big holiday crowds anymore.

Next year I'll suck it up and get a Snowbird pass in all likelihood. I didn't want to out of principle of no reverse benefit from IKON affiliation. New reality is that all the resorts are going to be a lot more crowded than usual is my guess.

Big snowfall and opening week landing on holiday weekend sets up for a shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor