• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
@surfandski i got a base grind with up charge for minor base repair and super secret structure pattern for $60 or so at Superior Ski Snowbird (back of Christy)while I waited. If you make the trip up LCC.

P-Ute

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@surfandski I have used 7even Skis in South Salt Lake for about a year and have been happy with his work. Todd has repaired two very long core shots with good results. A different shop attempted to repair and failed twice on one of the skis.
Pro Tune
$ 60.00

The Pro Tune includes: base flattening, hand sharpen, edge beveling, stone grind, base structure, edge polish, handwax, polish, brush ********Includes:basewelds/p-tex (up to 10 Fills)
Open seven days a week in winter.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We've found the snow has been very good everywhere here in Utah so far given these warmer temps. Definitely better than the snow we encountered at Big Sky last week.

Speaking of Big Sky, what are some good shops around SLC to get base repairs done that don't charge a ton? There was a lot of gravel groomed into quite a few of the runs so pretty much all but our powder skis could use some work. Thanks!
There is a shop in the Alta Peruvian that takes care of grinds and binding mounts for me.

Edit-In SLC, Sports Den in Foothill Village has done ok in the past.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We decided to do bootwork today. I am regretting that decision!

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
@surfandski I have used 7even Skis in South Salt Lake for about a year and have been happy with his work. Todd has repaired two very long core shots with good results. A different shop attempted to repair and failed twice on one of the skis.
Pro Tune
$ 60.00

The Pro Tune includes: base flattening, hand sharpen, edge beveling, stone grind, base structure, edge polish, handwax, polish, brush ********Includes:basewelds/p-tex (up to 10 Fills)
Open seven days a week in winter.

place is close to my pad and i didnt know about it~~ thanks for the tip!

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
even with the deep base i found a buried treasure in the Powderhorn cirque at Solitude that ripped my ski off and sent me flying down the hill !!

IMG_1265.JPG IMG_1267.JPG

offpiste was skiing great everywhere yesterday , found some new lines we never hit before in Honeycomb

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
today started with flat light but great snow. After a run or two the rime began to form. freezing fog, frog, whatever you wanna call it, this was about as bad as it gets for an hour or so. You couldn’t get it off your goggles but what was different is that all my clothes developed a paper thin layer of glass like ice.
By the early afternoon the sun was popping & the post frontal wind was up smoothing things out.

I really wish they would put external ski holders on the shuttle bus like they had years ago. Minor gripe but still...
Looks like they bought a new to Pow Mow bus today. :golfclap: They really needed it as the others have been breaking down over and over again. The new bus has some external ski holders but they were not using them today. I think the whole bus thing is pretty inefficient as it is. Outside ski holders on a busy day would just slow things down, don’t you think? Maybe not, I know it makes life a little easier on busses that do use them.

Last edited:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hey everyone, now that we are closer to the date suggestions Line Sick Day 110's ( fun if deep, not so much if 3 day old junk) , J skis The Metal 106's ( more versatile + fun... but not as good as the SD's in the deep) or 2020 Bones ~100 (Bonafide = rockets + hardpack/crud/groomer killers) for Pow Mow next week?

Yup 1st world problems just trying to dial in one set of skis....... forecast looks like a little snow refresher everyday........whoa just rechecked NOAA........ wow 5-9" Sun..... 3-5 Mon and that's at Brigham city airport!!! What does that mean up on the mtn? I'm thinking, DEF bringing the powder chords!

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey everyone, now that we are closer to the date, 110's ( fun if deep) , 106's ( more versatile) or Bones ~100 (Bonafide = rockets +crud killers) for Pow Mow next week?
Pinpoint forecast for the Powder Mountain area at 8500 feet. What day are you arriving? It does appear we have a really good week on tap, with MUCH colder temps and a trough settling in, which we like here. "Snow showers likely" means it's going to snow, they just can't determine how much yet.
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...393066406&lat=41.340731475590275#.XjSYcWhKjIU

Evan says: https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/utah Scroll down for his extended forecast.
With all that, and as cold as it's supposed to be, I'd bring the 106s or 110s. Keep an eye on the pinpoint forecast as it will change from day-to-day. This winter, it seems the totals, especially in these NW flow storms, have trended higher :ogbiggrin:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pinpoint forecast for the Powder Mountain area at 8500 feet. What day are you arriving? It does appear we have a really good week on tap, with MUCH colder temps and a trough settling in, which we like here. "Snow showers likely" means it's going to snow, they just can't determine how much yet.
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...393066406&lat=41.340731475590275#.XjSYcWhKjIU

Evan says: https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/utah Scroll down for his extended forecast.
With all that, and as cold as it's supposed to be, I'd bring the 106s or 110s. Keep an eye on the pinpoint forecast as it will change from day-to-day. This winter, it seems the totals, especially in these NW flow storms, have trended higher :ogbiggrin:
OMG we'll see if I can make it up to that windy road to the condo!!!! I'm starting to think 110's + pow chords!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm.........pack snorkel???? LMAO

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG we'll see if I can make it up to that windy road to the condo!!!! I'm starting to think 110's + pow chords!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm.........pack snorkel???? LMAO
What day are you arriving? You might have to take the shuttle up and retrieve your car later!

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
YUUP!!!!! Will be interesting. If the road is open no worries as roads here in Northern Vermont would be considered "Extreme" elsewhere....... I live on a historic dirt road used during the Revolutionary War....... It still looks like it's built for horse drawn carriages... much steeper and craggy! The Pow Mow road looks like a superhighway compared to my road!!! At least it's paved! LMAO We'll see if I need to purchase chains to get there, I'll have a Rav 4 similar to my GF's vehicle. If the road is closed....... Oh well! No worries on pow days! :crossfingers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online