• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David D

Booting up
Industry Insider
Chestnut opening the 23rd. My guess is just the bunny hills and Old Main. Maybe one blue. Still we're well ahead of the norm.

Looking to ski Chestnut Dec 15, again 22-23, again a few days around NYE, then somewhere else ideally Mt Bohemia the weekend after NYE. Get those legs in shape!!

Side question, anyone here ever fly on Air Choice One from O'Hare up to Bessemer? If so, what then, how do you get around? Big Powderhorn is right there you could even walk if needed, but if trying to go to Whitecap too then what? Is there Uber in the UP?
Give us a call at the Mtn. We can come and get you.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Yesterday was the best day of skiing I have ever seen around here in November.
Great snow, full sun, 40 degrees max....more like March than November.
Ben, the new manager of Nubs, said his long range forecast shows a few bumps but no major warmups coming before the Holiday season.
Damn, this is good.
And my decision on new skis is working out very well..
Carving machines with a lot bigger sweet spot than a cheater GS ski.

IMG_0411.JPG

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
A weird early season snowstorm we're having here near Chicago. Some areas won't get an inch of sticking snow, while far NW burbs already have 8"+ with probably 3-6" coming. But the angle the low approached it completely missed Chestnut, which often times has similar weather as Chicago just a few hours earlier. Then Central WI resorts up thru UP of MI won't get anything.

Maybe Wilmot or Alpine Valley end up the lucky ones. But then either way it's the super wet/heavy stuff.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I see Wilmot is not even open yet. Though the webcam shows some good coverage.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Marquette is finally making snow. Seems they had some issues to overcome earlier. Glad it is all working now.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
MIDSNOW1128.jpg

@Dave Petersen, I think you will be getting some help on Sunday for your snow making.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
MIDSNOW1128.jpg

@Dave Petersen, I think you will be getting some help on Sunday for your snow making.

We were hosed last weekend -- supposed to get quite a bit and only got 1/2''. At least it is cold!

Meme going around after we were skunked by the big storm. This is the local weatherman — actually a friend of mine. He is married to the news anchor at the same network.
DFBB40E3-5DA8-4B99-963B-EADB48942C61.jpeg

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Looking good with a few more inches this weekend around Southern MN. Only debate now is if I hit up Welch on Saturday or Sunday.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
2" last night in the twin cities. It'll definitely help the local hills. Gets me in the mood to ski for sure.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
We had enough for people to roll over their vehicles. :( Maybe a strong 1/4"

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
We hit Cascade yesterday and it was decent for November skiing. Glad we got out before all the rain today.

Daughter was digging her snazzy new yellow pants. Gonna be a lot easier finding her on any hills this season.

Gonna be a great season!

Attachments

• IMG_4032.jpeg
    IMG_4032.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 9

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hopefully this weekends rains are the last for some time for the lower Midwest. Cold temps as far as forecast goes so snow guns will be turned back on.

Looks like a potentially significant lake effect event for Wed into Thur in the UP, curious to read what John Dee says about it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
B4900B5F-1CF0-427B-9887-FEE2BC3B428B.jpeg Omaha today — about six inches. I’ll ski the neighborhood after it dries out.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Did know the story. That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor