• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David D

Booting up
Industry Insider
You could ski in/out at BJ or IH. But don't know about the hot tub. I've never skied Powderhorn. Kids have, I don't have a reason to go there. Might be some ski in/out at Whitecap too. Condo owners rent out, separately at both places. @David D should be able to help there.

I can find out whom to contact for the BJ,IH area for you.

I would do 1 day at BJ, IH and Whitecap. BJ-IH daily ticket covers both places and they usually run a 2 day special. There is bus that goes between both hourly so you don't need to drive.

Forget Spirit and do all 4 in the Bessemer/Hurley area. :) Nothing wrong with Spirit, but if you going to travel, stay in one area and make it simpler.

I always stay at Comfort Inn in Ironwood. Nice pool and hot tub. Easy driver to where ever. Just another option
Thanks for the info to this
You could ski in/out at BJ or IH. But don't know about the hot tub. I've never skied Powderhorn. Kids have, I don't have a reason to go there. Might be some ski in/out at Whitecap too. Condo owners rent out, separately at both places. @David D should be able to help there.

I can find out whom to contact for the BJ,IH area for you.

I would do 1 day at BJ, IH and Whitecap. BJ-IH daily ticket covers both places and they usually run a 2 day special. There is bus that goes between both hourly so you don't need to drive.

Forget Spirit and do all 4 in the Bessemer/Hurley area. :) Nothing wrong with Spirit, but if you going to travel, stay in one area and make it simpler.

I always stay at Comfort Inn in Ironwood. Nice pool and hot tub. Easy driver to where ever. Just another option
Thanks Dwayne for passing info to Beach Bum. He can call the office at 715-561-2227 for lodging info. Many ski in/ski out possibilities. @ new restaurants, new bar and new kitchen this season too!

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think we'll try and just stay at BP and then either ski Whitecap or IH one of the days.

In general I get bored with most local ski hills after 1 full day, so optimally I'd like to ski 1 each day. However it's so nice to have to drive to the hill. Once you're staying somewhere it's nice to just stay there.

My family likes exploring, steeps and tree skiing. Seems like all these areas would work well for that for the most part.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Technically, Little Switzerland had snow to ride on too.

Pretty cool Wi is nearing opening .. got to wax.

Little Switzerland is where my kid got a part time job as an instructor, the head of ski school complimented her skiing but unfortunately their weather didn't favor many days for her working.

There was a house for sale whose back yard abutted the hill when she was looking for a house. I thought it would be cool if she bought there but oh well.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
If weather cooperates, hopefully by Thanksgiving time some places will be open

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Yeah, looking at some forecasts and Whitecap and Big Powderhorn might be the place to be for snow at the end of the month.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, looking at some forecasts and Whitecap and Big Powderhorn might be the place to be for snow at the end of the month.
The last few years has been rain. :( Hopefully not this year. My bump hill has enough snow makers to be covered in almost 1 week. In 48 hrs they can have at least 3 runs open.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Definitely keeping fingers crossed for a cold winter. Last year was great after the two inconsistent and warm Winters before that.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI, not sure if anyone skis there often enough but $99 for season sound cheap given daily is $68 bucks ...

shows as a special from Nov 22 to Dec 1st for price .. two year is $159 .. got 10 yr too.

Does note Bohemia only so I don't know if that simply means no Voodoo or if only means front side of Bohemia .. but one can call.

http://www.mtbohemia.com/season-passes/

http://www.mtbohemia.com/

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
FYI, not sure if anyone skis there often enough but $99 for season sound cheap given daily is $68 bucks ...

shows as a special from Nov 22 to Dec 1st for price .. two year is $159 .. got 10 yr too.

Does note Bohemia only so I don't know if that simply means no Voodoo or if only means front side of Bohemia .. but one can call.

http://www.mtbohemia.com/season-passes/

http://www.mtbohemia.com/

Does anyone know/recall from prior seasons how open MB is by day January 5?

I know a lot of resorts up there strive to be fully open by Xmas week, obviously cold weather permitting. But Mt Bohemia is different, less snow making, no grooming, and larger.

Have a free weekend that wknd after NYE with wife and kids leaving and thinking of "shooting" up north. Would only go if it's going to have most terrain open.

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Temps looking to take a nosedive next week. Snow guns should be firing up if they haven't already. Lutsen got about 4 inches. They were plowing at Whitecap. Looks promising for some Thanksgiving skiing around the Upper Midwest.... :golfclap:

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know/recall from prior seasons how open MB is by day January 5?

I know a lot of resorts up there strive to be fully open by Xmas week, obviously cold weather permitting. But Mt Bohemia is different, less snow making, no grooming, and larger.

Have a free weekend that wknd after NYE with wife and kids leaving and thinking of "shooting" up north. Would only go if it's going to have most terrain open.

One never knows. Last year was almost record snow fall in Dec, so skiing was good.
Kid thinks it's going to a good snow in the Peninsula area this year. We might doing a U.P. trip the week before the 14. Marquette, Ripley, Boho, Porcupines, BlackJack and Whitecap. So I hope they get snow.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Temps looking to take a nosedive next week. Snow guns should be firing up if they haven't already. Lutsen got about 4 inches. They were plowing at Whitecap. Looks promising for some Thanksgiving skiing around the Upper Midwest.... :golfclap:

It is getting close. This is by me, I could see a few hills firing up the guns. Though a little early, just depends how much would be lost.

upload_2018-11-6_7-23-54.png

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
The local hills here in the twin cities are all going to start making snow again at the end of this week and expect to be adding a run nearly each day going forward after that. It's going to be pretty cold for 10+ days.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
One never knows. Last year was almost record snow fall in Dec, so skiing was good.
Kid thinks it's going to a good snow in the Peninsula area this year. We might doing a U.P. trip the week before the 14. Marquette, Ripley, Boho, Porcupines, BlackJack and Whitecap. So I hope they get snow.

That will be an awesome trip.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski Brule is suppose to open Sunday. Weird day to open. We'll see if it is Midwests version of WROD or a little more. My local hill, nordicmountain.com is ready to start the snow guns. If that happens, should be skiing next weekend for sure then.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
It's coming! Plus area hills have the snow guns going.

MIDSNOW1108.jpg

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Welch and Lutsen fired up guns this morning.

Edit: And Granite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online