• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Drew

Putting on skis
Skier
Whenever there is new ownership at a business and a culture change takes place, there are many employees that cannot adjust. For years people here were stealing, taking equipment to use because they thought they were entitled and pretty much taking advantage in ways that you cannot even imagine. I have never encountered the amount of corruption anywhere like here when I arrived. Slowly but surely those people have been dealt with but there is a group of individuals that would like to see WC fail. They all had their chances.

I've never been to WC, but I sure can sympathize with this situation. I worked at a smaller company with about 30 employees at a time when the company merged with a similar-sized company. The company we merged with had been poorly managed, and the nature of the business is that most employees worked semi- or fully-independently. We quickly discovered that the majority of the employees of the company that we merged with were cheating and stealing from the business one way or another. I didn't know there were so many creative ways to steal from a business. All except a couple were given the opportunity to start fresh again, but none of them were able to do it. After years and years of dishonestly and laziness and skimming their bit off the top, not a single one was able to get their head around honest work again, and they were all gone within two years. It is amazing the stupidity and entitlement that people develop when left to rationalize their bad decisions long enough.

Anyways, best of luck with WC. It's tough to turn any business around. I don't pretend to know much about running a ski area, but seeing how many midwestern hills further from population centers struggle these days, I know it can't be easy. Thanks for your dedication to keeping the area alive for the locals. Hope to visit someday!

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks! When you're say stop and say hello. Thanks again, David

David,

Do you know when the website will be up again? I'm planning a trip to the area in March and want to do some planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.