• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW,
I bet Mt Du Lac was even better, they have a little bowl, and the only opened at 4:00, so they had the full storm’s accumulation lying there untouched when they opened.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Im just hoping to get into the tree run at Troll tomorrow. No one usually skis it so there's always tons of leftover powder in there. They've had 15" recently so everything should have good cover. Too cold for me today. We're already skiing Saturday and Sunday so I'm not dying to get out today/tonight with these cold temps.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big storm Monday/Tuesday! 8-12" it appears in the twin cities hills. This is getting fun.
don't think it'll swing south enough but hey, weather forecasting is far from a science at 2 days out. least of late for my forecasters

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
don't think it'll swing south enough but hey, weather forecasting is far from a science at 2 days out. least of late for my forecasters

Yeah the track on these is always difficult to predict. Who knows at this point. Until Monday afternoon it's all a guess.

MN_Drew

Putting on skis
Skier
Great cycle we're in right now. Looks like there's a solid chance of more snow late in the week also, in addition to the two rounds coming up here. These last three storms plus what's to come should be a great base for a solid 2nd half of the season.

Looks like Lutsen finally got the Mystery Chair repaired. They're 100% open now.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
This am. Won't be able to ski in it today but still should be nice tomorrow night.

52351624_2055421594553621_5298739799190929408_n.jpg

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
School canceled here today. We'll be leaving by 3:00 to hit Trollhaugen. Will need to bring both sets of skis tonight. Free skiing early then GS beer league later on.

We've got 4-5" at my house. Roads are a total mess.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Been a great season really since around holidays and on at my local resorts, mainly Chestnut. Another 6" overnight with a few more inches today. Will be there for several days over the long weekend with more snow now expected Sunday. That's a relatively new forecast in the models as yesterday morning they weren't showing much, hope it materializes.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
24" at Spirit Mountain and more coming. Duluth area peeps, have fun!

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
And it has been groomed. :) Business is business, though we can do some "tree" skiing here.

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Biggest ski weekend of the year coming up. Where's everybody going? Looks like we might have some flurries, maybe an inch in the south metro. Hopefully more. I'll most likely be at Welch on Sunday or Monday.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Chestnut. Just over the river is now on a winter weather watch. Give it a few more hours they will be too. 3-5" of dry fluffy stuff expected throughout Sunday, locally could get a bit more or less.

Love being there when it snows, skiing Sunday Monday. You are right, is going to be crowded.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
More snow this Wednesday. Potential for 4+" in the twin cities... My weather guy is saying there could be a very large storm next Sunday FYI. Still a ways out though.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm starting to get used to my Wed night patrol shifts having fresh snow.

MIDSNOW0218.jpg

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Snowiest Feb ever recorded likely after this storm and the one on Sunday. That is amazing.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
So a buddy and I played hookey Friday for a little F.I.T.S. at Chestnut. The sun was out and warmed things up to about 25-32 and the snow that they had gotten earlier in the week softened up to the just right for banging out groomer runs. In addition, there was no one over on Crazy Horse, Warpath or Apache. It took one run for us to put on our stupid grins and call the day a rousing success

Chestnut 03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.