• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I see Whitecap is running their free season pass for those kids that got all As in the first quarter.

@focker this could help on your trip to the area this year.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Cold as far as the forecast can see in much of Midwest. Looks like lake effect chances for much of next week and beyond in the usual Lake Superior areas in the UP. I wonder when they turn on their snowguns to get things going??

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Marquette MTN, tonight.
Blackjack/Indianhead already running.
A lot of Wisconsin hills have started too.

Mont Ripley will start in few days too. This is real snow.
webcam21.jpg

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yeah saw the ripley cam that it snowed over night. Gogebic area picked a little up over night.

UP MI - Looks like this weekend could have a decent lake effect event into early next week, then a second potential storm around the 17th or so. But those models will flip flop a ton before then.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
First mid-lower Wisconsin hill opening.

upload_2019-11-6_11-1-56.png

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow stake says 3" and it won't melting soon. IMG_20191106_110719502.jpg

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha, NMU closed the college today. Lake effect is pounding them today.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Big storm hitting Marquette area in the UP with over 12" down already. I wonder how or why John Dee totally missed that even in today's forecast text and graphic?

Crazy how forecast can change so quickly. I love when I'm skiing and the 2-4" forecast ends up 8"+.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Chestnut is blasting snow all over the hill after 3"+ of fresh snow overnight. Ironwood area reporting 10"+ since yesterday with more to come.

Could be a great season in our neck of the woods. Looks like temps warming up next week but hopefully that's short lived and skiing can commence.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The U.P. and Hurely have been getting good lake effect already. Good start so far.

Hautecurry

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Any news on openings this week?

So far it sounds like Granite Peak opens on the 16th. Wilmot’s webcams make it seem like they’re close. Any word on Cascade Mtn or Devils Head?

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier

So far it sounds like Granite Peak opens on the 16th. Wilmot’s webcams make it seem like they’re close. Any word on Cascade Mtn or Devils Head?

Welch Village and Buck Hill in the Twin Cities metro are now open. I believe Lutsen just opened as well.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lutsen just started a new deal where kids up to 15 are considered youth and get discounted tickets. I think this is a great thing. Few things make me more mad than a resort trying to charge a 12 year old an adult price. Kids up to 15 also get free tickets if you book 3 days of skiing and free rental as well on 4 days of skiing.

Local resorts should take notice of this.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
Perfect North in southern Indiana near Cincinnati is opening today and this weekend. Here's their announcement:

Perfect North Slopes will open for our 40th season for skiing and snowboarding Friday, November 15th for the earliest opening day in Perfect North Slopes history! Opening Day begins 11/15 at Noon with limited terrain including the Blue, Green and Red Chairlifts. On Friday, we will be open for skiing and snowboarding until 9:30 pm. Saturday, November 16th through Sunday, November 17th hours will be 9:30 am - 9:30 pm. Check the snow report for daily updates on snowmaking progress and trail information. Bonus Day pricing currently in effect with a $39 lift ticket ($29 ages 12&Under/60+) and $20 rental equipment through Sunday, November 17th. Snow Tubing will not be open, watch for future updates.

As this is a record early opening, these early season hours will only take place on weekends until there are more snowmaking opportunities and colder temperatures.

Perfect North Slopes will be open every day 9:30 am - 9:30 pm starting Monday, November 18th!

https://www.perfectnorth.com//opening-day-2019

Last edited:

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
Our local hill, 7 oaks, is opening tomorrow in central Iowa. Kids are super excited and we're planning on being their tomorrow when lifts open at 10.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Cascade opens this Saturday.
Little Swiss open again this weekend.
Granite Saturday

Marquette Mountain 22th
Devils head 29th
Nordic Mountain 29th
Blackjack 29th
Mt Ripley Dec 7th

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Chestnut on the 29th.

Indianhead a few weeks after sister resort Blackjack that Dwight listed above. Whitecap around that time frame too like Dec 12 or so.

Hautecurry

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I’m new to the area so I’ve only visited devils head and granite so far(last March). Looking forward to Cascade and exploring the UP once they open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online