• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The season starts tomorrow.

They like to be first and looks like they will again.
OpenTomorrowSlider.jpg

https://wildmountain.com/

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tyrol Basis seems to be doing good and the industry as a whole did better last year.

https://madison.com/business/tyrol-...DknPQJ4uUNoEC9jfst56zyO94IrUb1TetqO2C1G3F2YNs

I really need to get back there.

That is nice to see. We had a big wave of spending at many of the MN resorts over the last 5-7 years, especially at Lutsen, Giants Ridge, Welch Village and Afton Alps, but I haven't seen much news about new development this year. Trollhaugen did expand the lower level of their lodge last year which was sorely needed.

Anyone have any news on MN area resorts I may have missed?

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like you have to be logged into Google to see that... can you cut and paste it?
Interesting, copy and past use to work without it linking to Google.

Modified it by downloading and uploading. :(

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I liked Tyrol when I visited last year, first time ever there. Really liked it as it seemed homey.

$15 for 4 hrs of tubing is really a decent deal. Cheap enough that one could do it in addition to skiing if they wished and not feel "out" a bunch of money.

MN_Drew

Putting on skis
Skier
That is nice to see. We had a big wave of spending at many of the MN resorts over the last 5-7 years, especially at Lutsen, Giants Ridge, Welch Village and Afton Alps, but I haven't seen much news about new development this year. Trollhaugen did expand the lower level of their lodge last year which was sorely needed.

Anyone have any news on MN area resorts I may have missed?

Welch just made a post detailing a bunch of work they did over the offseason. Not the flashiest stuff, but lots of incremental improvements... a new 2nd carpet lift, regrading 2 runs, more snow guns, new lights, bigger decks at the main chalet, new bathrooms at the east chalet. http://welchvillagegm.blogspot.com/

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Guns are fired up on some U.P. hills.

Probably a little while before Wisconsin guns get going.

BaconMeCrazy

Booting up
Skier
Welch just made a post detailing a bunch of work they did over the offseason. Not the flashiest stuff, but lots of incremental improvements... a new 2nd carpet lift, regrading 2 runs, more snow guns, new lights, bigger decks at the main chalet, new bathrooms at the east chalet. http://welchvillagegm.blogspot.com/

You know you ski the Midwest when the biggest news to come from your home hill is new bathrooms in Mad Jax.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
You know you ski the Midwest when the biggest news to come from your home hill is new bathrooms in Mad Jax.

lol that is good point. I do love seeing Welch continuously making improvements to their hill. Can't wait to get down there again this year.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I see Granite has fired up some guns too. Won't be long if weather stays cool.

I think the only new addition at my local hill, noridicmountain.com will be an outdoor bar. Definitely need the space on busy weekends.

72612511_2646743142035872_7369654131742474240_o.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
they best hurry, course weather should calm enough to roof it up but working in slush is not a lot of fun.

MN_Drew

Putting on skis
Skier
Trollhaugen will be open tomorrow. Wild Mountain may have beat them to open with their bunny hill, but they'll both be opening their first chairs on the same day tomorrow.

Lutsen, Giants Ridge, and Buck Hill have all been making snow this week as well.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Trollhaugen will be open tomorrow. Wild Mountain may have beat them to open with their bunny hill, but they'll both be opening their first chairs on the same day tomorrow.

Lutsen, Giants Ridge, and Buck Hill have all been making snow this week as well.

Troll will have a full fun top to bottom blue run open tomorrow. Wild will only have a small green run open. Troll wins this weekend for sure.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Little Swiss started making last night. Small hill North of Milwaukee. Sister hill to Nordic. Halloween gave the Southern part of Wis. 6-7" of snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor