• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Unofficial Meet-Up in BC in February 2021 anyone?

pushgears

Putting on skis
Skier
Forever the optimist, I bought the Mountain Collective Pass and made reservations for BC for Feb 2021. PM me if you are interested in trying to meet up and take some runs together!

2/16- 2/17 Banff
2/18-2/22 Revelstoke
2/23 - 2/24 Sun Peaks
2/26-2/27 Panorama

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Forever the optimist, I bought the Mountain Collective Pass and made reservations for BC for Feb 2021. PM me if you are interested in trying to meet up and take some runs together!

2/16- 2/17 Banff
2/18-2/22 Revelstoke
2/23 - 2/24 Sun Peaks
2/26-2/27 Panorama

At this point I am not planning any out of town skiing, but send me a pm prior to your arrival at Sun Peaks and we can figure out a meet up.

Also your itinerary shows just 2 days in Banff. Sunshine Village Resort (2 MCP days) is a 1/2 hour from Banff and Lake Louise (2 more MCP days) is 3/4 hours from Banff so 4 days in Banff might be worthwhile.

I assume that you are flying into Calgary, so to get to Revy and SP, you must travel thru Rogers Pass which averages 60 closure days per year due to avi control and fatal MVAs. So the smart move is to go all the way to Sun Peaks and then work your way back towards Calgary with the greatest itinerary flexibility in the event of a all day highway closure on a planned travel day.

Another reason to ski Banff at the end of your trip is that it is one week closer to milder spring weather. When mid winter cold snaps arrive in western Canada it is always colder in Alberta vs B.C. and Lake Louise and Sunshine are higher elevation than B.C. resorts. The possibility of brutal mid winter Banff colds snaps is why I always recommend March and April trips to Banff.

Since your travel plans commence after a holiday weekend, there is no need for lodging reservations, giving you greater flexibility. So if you are driving past SSV, LL or Revy on your way to SP and it is dumping, then its time for instant change of plans even up to using a half price extra day ticket to extend a stay.

Sponsor

Staff online