• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
She races in the same Spyder USST suit, which has a white background as the rest of the USST women speed skiers. MS normally races in red superhero suit....all events.

Spyder pays the USST a lot of money for that deal. The only suits that an Anerican athlete races in, an a WC event, are the approved team suits. And, yes, they are all tested.

Now, as part of "the deal", LV has a bunch of training suits, some black, most white, which prominabtly display the gold logo of the LV Foundation. Not a "team suit", per se. Same material, same construction and build quality. No racing.

Are you certain of this? Pretty sure LV has a series of her own suit designs she races in. E.g. check out what she wore in France....it's her signature pink/blue with stars on forearms/lower legs and her LV logo. (I only know this as my daughter skis in the LV model suit that while not exactly the same as the one LV wore in France, is clearly of the same design). Haven't seen any other women in a suit with that particular design.

Mancuso also had a suit that was different than the others if I remember correctly as well.

No doubt there is a team version LV can wear, but seems like she has her own line to race in as well. (which has been the case in prior years).

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out.

She's in the whitish suit, with is an approved team suit with ALL of the sponsor logos, in the right place. They have let her have the LVF logo on it. Which, imagine this, is likely creating controversy. I know it has in the past. On her training suits, and training bibs, basically, who cares? On race day, with the WC TV feed, everybody cares. So that's interesting to see and know.

And yeas, over the years, LV, Mancuso, and Bode have all had suits that the USST had to basically register with FIS that were doifferent. Remember Bode's Green suits? I was under the impression that the team was trying to look more like a team, like the rest of the world. Maybe that will start in 2018-2019.

I'm much more in tune to what the men MUST wear. nobody demanding their own look. Even the guys under contract with Spyder.

My company has been a USST sponsor in the past, and that signage space is not cheap. That space on her right thigh would normally come with a big price tag.

I'm kind of past having anybody in the house who would want to wear "her suit", though I sure have lived that life years ago. A lot.

If you have interest in how much her suits stretch, my 5' 5" daughter had a couple of her suits, right out of the wrapper. LV's name stenciled in them. Back before she had her custom look. And when we had a source!

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I just spoke with my daughter on something else, and conformed that I clearly do not pay enough attention to LV's race "kit."'

She "nicely reminded me" that last year at the end of the season she was racing in a white suit with mostly black and gold accent colors...bold back and gold, and she 's 99.9% sure that the LFV logo was on the suit.

Ignore all future fashion comments, re LV or JM. Ha!

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Daughters notice these sort of things for sure.
Dad notices because he has to write cheques for this stuff.

:)

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
although the suits may be branded Spyder or Goldwyn or whatever, IIRC there is only one (or perhaps 2) Companies that actually make all the WC speed suits and they are then branded with the appropriate supplier name. And yes they are frickin tight!! They are also at the top level made to measure rather than just being standard sizes (although spyder "standard" sizes vary from item to item!!!) I had one of Travis Ganong's speed suits, the real deal one with the double zipper and it was almost impossible for me to get into it. No way i could get a back protector and a stealth under it. I also had another suit the same which had been well used for training, complete with multiple holes, and it was a bit easier to get into.

Last edited: