• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am really excited that Gov and The Mudroom will be giving us special pricing and access to thee as demos during The Gathering in February.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am really excited that Gov and The Mudroom will be giving us special pricing and access to thee as demos during The Gathering in February.

Wait. You can't publish this news AFTER I decided to skip this year's Gathering.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wait. You can't publish this news AFTER I decided to skip this year's Gathering.
You know it’s only happening because you won’t be there.
Look on the bright side. You’ll be able to take a poma then skin for an hour to get to the top of Saddleback. Those premium skis with alpine bindings would be completely useless for that.

So, you’re way ahead of the game, and it’s the Gathering that’s missing out.
Besides, the day they do this at Jackson it will snow 18inches at Targhee. So, you probably would go to Targhee instead and forgo the testing of skis that will likely be the wrong size anyway.

You just can’t stop the winning you’re doing here...

Last edited:

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, James. :thumb:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Bombers are just blossom with a bomber topsheet...

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh no, Josh. They already went round and round northern Italy on this. Not again, please!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bombers are just blossom with a bomber topsheet...
First, that wouldn't be a bad thing second, Bomber skis are being produced in their own facility and not Blossoms.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do they come with a decent factory tune, or is that extra?:ogcool:
Usually extra because someone who spends that kind of money has discriminating taste. Whether the specific shop includes the tune, that is up to them.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Usually extra because someone who spends that kind of money has discriminating taste. Whether the specific shop includes the tune, that is up to them.

The Bombers come with a razor sharp 1* base and a 2* side from the factory

I have a 1/3 on my all mountain 77 waisted ski

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
I'm planning on demoing both tomorrow at Jackson! Starting with the Supra (the demo is $100 for the day for the "super premium skis" if anyone's curious)

VladSki

Two Aperols please
Skier
First up is the Kästle Supra. At 130-93-117, the 177 has a 20.3m radius and is mounted with a Kästle-branded Tyrolia K12 CTI Pro system binding. It has a shape, design, and construction that share nothing, including the location it is assembled, with any mainstream Kästle other than the fact that “Kästle” is embossed on the topsheet. Kästle is not marketing to the Nth-degree skier on the hill; it already builds skis for the Chris Davenports and Griffin Posts of the ski world. The Limited Edition -- yes, limited to 500 numbered pairs -- is meant for the most discriminating skiers looking for refinement. Chances are, they own more than one Breitling timepiece, a Bentley or two, and already have a couple Kästles in the quiver at one of their homes -- one of which could very well be at Jackson.

On the snow, the Supra has the feel of an MX89. The DNA is there for sure, but there is an extra level of smoothness. Where the MX needs 30 mph to get its jam on, the Supra is fine at 20; where the MX wants to control your experience, the Supra is more, dare I say, submissive. Think about a car that needs to be driven versus one that likes to be driven -- but still has the power. This goes back to the Bentley I mentioned earlier. The Supra is not a gussied-up MX; it is a different experience.

Would 500 US$ for a Supra ski+binding bundle (all new) be considered a good deal as per PugSki standards?

Looking at the specs, Supra would make an excellent spring touring ski, too bad they sell it with pre-mounted plates.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would 500 US$ for a Supra ski+binding bundle (all new) be considered a good deal as per PugSki standards?

Looking at the specs, Supra would make an excellent spring touring ski, too bad they sell it with pre-mounted plates.
$500 new? Absolutely.

Sponsor

Staff online