• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
To echo another question: what is there under the hood that provides this increased performance?

I'd like to see this rationalized as well. I understand that a custom ski would be expensive. I understand that some materials and/or manufacturing techniques are more expensive. But these are mass produced. What makes them so great and why can't it be done at a lower price point?

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
I know nothing about the supras or bombers, but Zais in particular are handmade and look sweet. I happen to think, on the strength of a Gorsuch demo, they ski like shit. But they look cool as hell.

I think that’s the market for them. Lodge skis.

The limited edition MX’s I think had full width carbon fibre or kevlar and I could believe are expensive to make.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Go into a Gorsuch shop next time you're in CO (or Park City). They have super high end luxury skis (in velvet lined boxes). It's really ridiculous, but clearly there's a market for them (of which I'm not part of).

LOL...that must be where they outfitted Jim Carey when he went to Aspen in Dumb and Dumber

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
And still score a core shot off the same rock that just blasted the 15 year old $40 craigslist Rossi bandits on some Carhartt cruisers feet,. :roflmao:

That's so misguided. People who ski those skis never get near those rocks. Those skis job is to look cool in the rack next to the Cloud Nine in Aspen.

James

Out There
Instructor
I wouldn't call them super premium since there's premiums above these.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wouldn't call them super premium since there's premiums above these.

The next level is the Uber Premium level. That is where the true masters of the universe play - oligarchs, tycoons, sheiks, magnates, moguls, industrialists,...same folks who likely carry a Vertu phone and a FP Journe watch.

Don'tfit

Putting on skis
Skier
I've got well over 2k in skis I do not use much if at all. I would love to demo Bomber skis. Phil, how Smooth and well suspended are those Bombers?

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I've got well over 2k in skis I do not use much if at all. I would love to demo Bomber skis. Phil, how Smooth and well suspended are those Bombers?
The question is why you are not using those skis? Chances are that a 2K Bomber ski will not change the situation drastically. I bet they are not that magical, after $800 MSRP skis you get into marginal gains territory really fast.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Again, I was very impressed with the All-Terrain. It was much better than I anticipated going it. There was a level of smoothness and refinement that IMHO is worth the price of the ski...not that it is within my budget, but for the skier that has the means, they will be be disappointed. If you get up to Jackson, make sur you stop by The Mudroom.

The question is why you are not using those skis? Chances are that a 2K Bomber ski will not change the situation drastically. I bet they are not that magical, after $800 MSRP skis you get into marginal gains territory really fast.
Says you ;). Actually, you can say that about almost every Ultra-Premium product, you are paying for nuances. For some that value is worth any cost, for others no. This can be said for audio, watches, wines, scotches, automobiles, clothing, sunglasses, the list can go on forever. It all depends on your perspective.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Here are my Bomber Pro Terrain in 171

As I have been posting on PugSki for the past 18 months, Bombers are a special ski. I have the 171 Pro Terrain below and the 172 All Mountain

I have visited the factory, and yes they are different, the materials used are not what other “premium” skis are made of. These are made to WC ski standards for “recreational” skiers.

Go into a Gorsuch shop next time you're in CO (or Park City). They have super high end luxury skis (in velvet lined boxes). It's really ridiculous, but clearly there's a market for them (of which I'm not part of).

Gorsuch in Park City is the exclusive retailer of Bomber in the Salt Lake City area. They have Demo skis available now so orders can be placed for next season. I am not sure of the inventory for immediate sale. I have not been in the store as I have been away working the past three weeks since the demo skis arrived.

91BFA560-2A53-48DC-8326-A204EE56596F.jpeg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Says you ;). Actually, you can say that about almost every Ultra-Premium product, you are paying for nuances. For some that value is worth any cost, for others no. This can be said for audio, watches, wines, scotches, automobiles, clothing, sunglasses, the list can go on forever. It all depends on your income.

FIFY ;)

John Fritz

Booting up
Skier
I ski on Salomons and Atomics. FWIW, I got a chance to ski a day with a guy that formerly pressed skis for a small company. While riding up the lift, I flat out asked him if he thought it was worth the extra money for the custom botique brands. His answer was a flat NO. Just his opinion I know...

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
At the end of the day the people that are buying an Ultra-Premium ski you are probably not worried about the price.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A friend asked about my Bomber Pro Terrain skis today and I told him he could take some laps as I was not in a hurry to head out. He skis on Volkl skis, but had taken notice of the Bombers recently and was curious. He came back and said wow I fell. Of course I was concerned about him, but he said he was all good. He said he had never skied on skis that were so fast. I just laughed and then told him there was no special wax or anything, just great components. He is a believer
61E5B01A-1535-4080-828E-1202F7A55B93.jpeg

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
That's so misguided. People who ski those skis never get near those rocks. Those skis job is to look cool in the rack next to the Cloud Nine in Aspen.

Hey, don’t knock it til you try it. Although I was skiing Stockli Stormriders that day and the lady was on her Rossi’s. The raclette was pretty tasty

F50D19E9-9F6D-4431-8D2C-025EE8C58EA3.jpeg CA55EA4E-F16A-4DDB-A3AF-61006E8439B9.jpeg 5BB7AA21-CA5F-417A-A355-B268B29792AA.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online