• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ukraine Girl Rock Band

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So I'd like to introduce you all to the Sixsters. They are an all girl rock band from the Ukraine currently living in Germany. When I say girl band, I mean girl. They are from 13 to 17 years of age now. First put together in 2018. Here's the band...
Katya on drums, Maiya on keys, Polina on bass and backup locals, Maria on rhythm guitar and lead vocals and Anya on lead guitar. Yes, there should be six but it's a bit of a story.

They recently released an all english CD (10 songs) which I will put this playlist link to;

A live stream from last October;

Give them a listen. They absolutely blow me away with the music they are making over there. If you like what you hear you can head over to the main video channel here:

Or their web page here;

Leave some comments here and tell me what you think!

Last edited:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm good with their sound, seems similar to a Caroline's Spine or such. Sad they and others now host from other countries.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They are talented, regardless of their age. They seem like they are developing their own uniqueness and not just following a formula. They are probably much wiser than their years. I love seeing/listening to young groups make their way; I hope they find the support they need to continue on their path.

It's great how music unites people from many countries and walks of life.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
The Sixsters have kicked it up another notch with their latest video! This song is Run with the Wolves, which has been with them for awhile but shows up here subtly reworked. Remember they are ages 13 - 17 but the music doesn't need that qualifier to be fantastic stuff. Their level just keeps growing by leaps and bounds.

Last edited:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Sixsters have kicked it up another notch with their latest video! This song is Run to Wolf, which has been with them for awhile but shows up here subtly reworked. Remember they are ages 13 - 17 but the music doesn't need that qualifier to be fantastic stuff. Their level just keeps growing by leaps and bounds.

Noted the guitarist with orange pants matched her guitar and eye shade ... :)

simply noted it in watching the vid a second time looking more at the fret work, it's impressive they're so young.

Nice tribute to Voldymr Bulba.

Sponsor

Staff online