• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia PRD 12 binding

Dana McMaster

Booting up
Skier
I have an opportunity to pick up a new flat pair of 09 Stockli Stormrider 76 with an optional mounting with Tyrolia PRD 12 bindings. Any opinions on the PRD 12 binding as an everyday advanced groomer skier binding for a 6.5 DIN?

Last edited:

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
I have these same bindings on my frontside/all-mountain skis. I have been very happy with them ... no early releases, easy to get clicked into and out of, adjustability is nice, etc.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Just to expand on what @MattD wrote above, a big advantage to PRD bindings system is they can be easily moved forward or backward on the ski so that the fore-aft balance can be fine tuned without remounting. As your new Stocklis are sold flat, the PRD mounting track needs to be installed by a shop, but, after that adjustment is easy. A plus is that when you sell them, then the new owner will not need a remount.

I've used Head/Tyrolia bindings for years with not issues. I do like the ease of normal entry and exit as compared to some Look and Marker bindings.

TS
D

Dana McMaster

Booting up
Skier
Just to expand on what @MattD wrote above, a big advantage to PRD bindings system is they can be easily moved forward or backward on the ski so that the fore-aft balance can be fine tuned without remounting. As your new Stocklis are sold flat, the PRD mounting track needs to be installed by a shop, but, after that adjustment is easy. A plus is that when you sell them, then the new owner will not need a remount.

I've used Head/Tyrolia bindings for years with not issues. I do like the ease of normal entry and exit as compared to some Look and Marker bindings.

Great... thanx for the input!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The other nice thing about the PRD is that it can be shimmed if ramp angle is an issue. The toe piece attaches to the slides, which then fit over the track. Nice stuff. I've skied the PRD 14 on Head Titans for the past 3 seasons.