• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia Attack 13 Demo Bindings Adjustment Thread

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
No special tools needed but while adjusting is fairly simple, you will still need to get them tested to make sure they are functioning at the right about if tension.

Three things needed to be done..Adjust the heel, adjust the toe and adjust the AFD (which is now shown in that video and I can tell you that was not addressed and neither was it ever on the bindings that are on your skis). THEN the bindings should be function tested.
Just received the Kastle MX89 with attack 13 bindings I purchased off of Ebay. Looking at this thread it took me a whopping 5 minutes to properly adjust them. Thanks to all who contributed information to make this task a simple one.

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm having a bit of an issue setting up the AFD on the Attack 13 demos. I set it up just right, pop the boots out, pop them back in, and they have become tighter already.

The front screws are moving the plate through the entire range, front to back. And, as far as I can tell, the plate itself has not moved much forward or backward between boot presses. But, the gap seems to be changing with every new press. It is usually becoming tighter with each press -- from a business card being able to slide in with just a bit of friction to it not being able to enter at all. The boot sole looks fine and flat. I do have the demos five clicks ahead of the line (2.5 cm / 1 inch forward), but that shouldn't affect the AFD?

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Here is a video showing what I mean. I have trimmed down the middle part to save some viewing time.

Here's the first part of the video:

And here's the second part of the same video after one boot ejection and pressing down:

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Home Depot cards are not consistent.

ogsmile

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Start with an even reference, put the boot in the binding, pull the cuff back then check height.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Old thread, I know but I’m having the same issue and would love some detail as to exactly how you resolved this. Thanks.
Which issue are you having?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The one which speedster describes and you offer a brief solution. Could you expand on that a bit?
Make sure the binding is set to the right boot length. To check toe height. Put boot in binding with a .5mm card, ie thin plastic credit card, between the boot lug and the AFD. Pull the cuff of the boot back, thus will pull the toe lug upward against the top of the lug. With the card between the boot and the binding, there should be resistance if you try to slide the card. If the card slides easily or slides out with no resistance, AFD needs to be adjusted tighter. If the card does not move at all and has to be forced, the AFD needs to be loosened. Screw to tighten and loosen the AFD is on the front of the binding.

Carvetop

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Make sure the binding is set to the right boot length. To check toe height. Put boot in binding with a .5mm card, ie thin plastic credit card, between the boot lug and the AFD. Pull the cuff of the boot back, thus will pull the toe lug upward against the top of the lug. With the card between the boot and the binding, there should be resistance if you try to slide the card. If the card slides easily or slides out with no resistance, AFD needs to be adjusted tighter. If the card does not move at all and has to be forced, the AFD needs to be loosened. Screw to tighten and loosen the AFD is on the front of the binding.
Excellent detail. Thank you very much!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Brace the ski with one hand and pull the cuff of the boot back hard. For some reason it can take a reasonable amount of force to pull the toe lug upward against the top of the toe cup, and you do not want to learn this the hard way.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
How about lateral movement on the toe pieces? My Attack13 demo bindings have about 0.5 , maybe 1 mm of play between the rail and the binding (the binding being a little wider than seemingly needed). So I can wobble the front of the binding a bit. If feels like a tighter fit would allow for better control of the ski. Is that right? Is there anything that could be done? Thanks much!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
The toe piece on Attack13 demos does have a tiny bit of play when there's no boot in the binding.
There's no play at all when you lock down a boot (at least in my two pairs of skis with A13 demos).

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think there are 2 competing terms here
one is play where there should be none with the boot in.

Vs . elasticity and how much distance the binding may give under pressure before it hits the release points. So when you hit a death cookie that is unmovable and therefore infinite force, but only a small distance, it doesnt just immediately transfer all the energy into your leg, nor eject you since that exceeds the newtonmeter binding limit.
The wobble is more about the elasticity and how much the binding will move/bend a bit before ejecting.

The wobble is also an alignment thing so it can conform and bind to imperfect boots

Last edited:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
The toe piece on Attack13 demos does have a tiny bit of play when there's no boot in the binding.
There's no play at all when you lock down a boot (at least in my two pairs of skis with A13 demos).

Thank you Jim! That does it! I just tested with the boot on, and it's rock solid! No play at all, here, either. Thanks a lot!

Sponsor

Staff online