• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia Adrenaline 13

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I'm looking to add a wide ski to my quiver for deeper snow when traveling west because I have friends & family that ski off piste regularly and I'd like to join them. I'm thinking of mounting the Tyrolia Adrenalin 13 so I can skin with them and I love my Attacks 13's.

My question is if I don't get off piste as much as I hope will I be disappointed with these when skiing inbounds? The stand height is almost twice the Attack...

Yes, the stack height isn't a winner. Unless you're skinning, why a touring binding at all? If you do want a tour functioning binding, as Phil said, the Salomon/Atomic shift is the clear cut choice. It's a frame binding killer. For tromping around in the MI woods, I'd just get an NNN BC or 3 pin teley set up and call it good.

TS
David

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
The Adrenaline is near the equivalent to a Marker Duke - overbuilt, bomber, huge dead spot as @Mike Thomas points out well. I actually heard a rumor that it’s been slated for retirement several times, yet keeps returning.

The Ambition is lighter, but tall & flexy. My biggest grip is that it’s very tippy due to its height & at my 145 pounds, is hard to pivot/smear. It’s almost 4 cm above the deck. That said- the Ambition has 3 climbing levels & is quite good at the ups. The other issue being so tall is that the ski feels heavy due to the extended moment arm.
I've pretty much decided against a frame binding. I also can't do a tech boot until Daleboot figures out how to add a tech toe to thier VFF Pro. I'll either use snowshoes or try the DayMakers if I don't like the snowshoe option.

TS
David

David

Skier

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I saw that. The DalaBoot toe piece is unique and Daleboot says a tech implant isn't possible. I sent Cast an email to see if they've had success with Daleboot if they have then I definitely will try it.

Also shoot PJ at RaceStock a text. I recall seeing a boot on the counter there last year that he has retrofitted Tec inserts. Their ph# is: (802) 578-3585

James

Out There
Instructor
Josh has tech inserts in his Alpine Dalbello. Even set in at his 4 degree cant angle. PJ at RaceStock Sports did it.

TS
David

David

Skier
Josh has tech inserts in his Alpine Dalbello. Even set in at his 4 degree cant angle. PJ at RaceStock Sports did it.
But Daleboots do not have a normal toe.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've pretty much decided against a frame binding. I also can't do a tech boot until Daleboot figures out how to add a tech toe to thier VFF Pro. I'll either use snowshoes or try the DayMakers if I don't like the snowshoe option.

I have done the snowshoe option, and it worked great.....the snowshoes I used gave me confidence on an icy, steep, long uphill. I used these:
https://www.rei.com/product/120296/msr-revo-explore-snowshoes

If you’re doing this inbounds I would imagine snowshoes clipped to the outside of a pack would be a pain.

TS
David

David

Skier
I reached out to Cast and I'm going to text PJ tomorrow to see if either has been able to put the inserts in Daleboot with success.

TS
David

David

Skier
I have done the snowshoe option, and it worked great.....the snowshoes I used gave me confidence on an icy, steep, long uphill. I used these:
https://www.rei.com/product/120296/msr-revo-explore-snowshoes

If you’re doing this inbounds I would imagine snowshoes clipped to the outside of a pack would be a pain.
I've used my snowshoes at home and they do work fine. But yah if we use any lifts they wouldn't be fun. And my snowshoes are pretty long since I'm not one of those tiny 150 pound guys!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Daleboot is rebranding the old BD green 130 AT boot so I never see tehm investing in soles for their VFF shells.

TS
David

David

Skier
Daleboot is rebranding the old BD green 130 AT boot so I never see tehm investing in soles for their VFF shells.
I was looking at it last fall. It's the AK130 and it's not a full custom boot so I'd have to have it fit like any off the shelf boot and I've never had good luck with that. I did get 1 pair to fit where I could leave them on for almost 2 hours if I unbuckled at the chair and the lines were short. In 40+ years I made a few boot fitters cry and got my money back mire than a few times when fitters gave up. I used "the best" fitters I could find and get to from Jackson to CO and MI. With my Daleboots I can buckle and unbukle at the car and they ski as well as anything I've ever skied. I'm too old to ever buy anything other than a full custom Daleboot again!

TS
David

David

Skier
Update - I spoke with Cast & JP about adding tech inserts on a DaleBoot and they both say it's not possible since its not a solid toe. Looks like my only good option is the DayMaker.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Sponsor

Staff online