• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Two spaces or one?

One space or two?

• One space

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Two spaces

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Part of my job is hiring people (I work for the government--I could tell you more but then, well, never mind). We still give typing tests and require people to type only 45 wpm (gross, not net). Staggering to see how many people fail: thank you, texting.

And, here's the exact language from the typing test software:

"Be sure to type only one space between words. Although the text you are typing from has one space at the end of each sentence, you may type either one or two spaces at the end of sentences. More than two spaces will be scored as an error."

Finally, after 16 years in textbook publishing, I'm still a two-space curmudgeon.
I typed in the records office college during my freshman year.
I went in with limited typing skills, but left with an exceptional accuracy rate because of the consistent kind of typing I did.
I just ran through an on line typing test and got 62wpm with 95.6% accuracy. That seems like its a bit lower wpm than it was when I left college, but I really don't remember what the number was, that was [cough] 32 years ago[/cough]

Sponsor