• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Two questions about DIN adjustment

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
1) I stopped doing that after forgetting to reset too many times on the first day of use next season.

Had a day one, first run double release from this once, didn't stick the landing broke a few ribs. Never lowered the DIN for the summer again. Pain is an excellent teacher.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you certain? I'm not sure of all models, but the PXs I've seen have a hex top and further down in the hole a PZ 3.

The older ones did Doug, the rocker flex 18 heels have only the hex. And even on the older ones adjusting with a screwdriver took a bit of effort. Much easier with a t-handle hex

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The older ones did Doug, the rocker flex 18 heels have only the hex. And even on the older ones adjusting with a screwdriver took a bit of effort. Much easier with a t-handle hex
Interesting. I haven't encountered any that required a hex driver. But I've only been turning screws for 5 or 6 years now.

I am not fond of the need for some of the binding makers to stray from the PZ 3 only solution. My memory is horrid and I frequently waste seconds grabbing the wrong tool. I've probably lost minutes of my life over this issue. :roflmao:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting. I haven't encountered any that required a hex driver. But I've only been turning screws for 5 or 6 years now.

Here you go Doug. And BTW I was referring only to the PX18 race/MFX18, NOT the lesser Px12s etc. And the latest SPX15s have a totally different heel design to the 18s

Rockerflex 18

6E154EB2-BE67-4ACF-BDA9-0CBF870E6F6B_1_201_a.jpeg
IMG_1303.JPG

Axial 2

IMG_2381.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Need the longer bit for Sally 900 toes.

And, yer gonna die!

Hahah, don't forget the narrower bit for the wing side adjustment!

#dieadjusted
#cheaperthanchiro

I am not fond of the need for some of the binding makers to stray from the PZ 3 only solution. My memory is horrid and I frequently waste seconds grabbing the wrong tool. I've probably lost minutes of my life over this issue. :roflmao:

This is clearly a VITAL issue and we totally need a phone app to track these seconds. Kinda like this. ;)

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 2.50.47 PM.png

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier

It's more annoying when you have one athlete out of twenty on a pair of bindings with the hex adjuster and only remember that you need to put a hex tool in your bag when checking his bindings on race day.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I guess I haven't seen any PX18 rockerflexes.
:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online