• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Two of my skiing goals

Chicajill

Booting up
Skier
Hi,
I was 40 when I took up skiing seriously. [Having the money & time then to take lessons...] Well... as seriously as I could for living in Florida. But - I was a XC skier where i grew up in PA. That was the start of my addiction to sliding on snow. Switching to downhill was inevitable as I have a serious need for speed.
I used to ski with my son but now he has a real job & a wife. So, I normally go skiing by myself because my hubby hates the cold.
So. My two goals: Being able to ski into my 80s because I want to ski with my grandkids. Problem is, I don't have any yet. And, secondly, to be able to eat as much of anything I want when on a ski vacation which means putting in 5 - 6 hours/day on the snow.
Anyway. My instructor from Copper, Dean Spirito, clued me in on this site.
I'm looking forward to checking it all out.
ChicaJill
P1040427.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Hi,
I was 40 when I took up skiing seriously. [Having the money & time then to take lessons...] Well... as seriously as I could for living in Florida. But - I was a XC skier where i grew up in PA. That was the start of my addiction to sliding on snow. Switching to downhill was inevitable as I have a serious need for speed.
I used to ski with my son but now he has a real job & a wife. So, I normally go skiing by myself because my hubby hates the cold.
So. My two goals: Being able to ski into my 80s because I want to ski with my grandkids. Problem is, I don't have any yet. And, secondly, to be able to eat as much of anything I want when on a ski vacation which means putting in 5 - 6 hours/day on the snow.
Anyway. My instructor from Copper, Dean Spirito, clued me in on this site.
I'm looking forward to checking it all out.
ChicaJill
View attachment 1759

We like Dean :) Welcome, Jill!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think this is a place for my obligatory Aspen Gathering plug. Take a look under the "Family Reunions and on the Hill Meetups" section.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have lots of folks from Pennsylvania, what parts do you hail from?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Welcome to Pugski. Nice goal. I'm 71 and plan to be skiing in my nineties