• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw a couple of F-150 prototype mules on Loveland Pass today and thought some here might enjoy the spy pictures.

I saw a SuperCab heading up skiing and a SuperCrew heading back home. Per this article, this should be the 2021 Ford F-150 Super Cab:

IMG_20190609_120115.jpg

IMG_20190609_120038_1.jpg

IMG_20190609_120037_1.jpg

IMG_20190609_120039.jpg

It's fun to frequently see prototype vehicles doing high altitude testing in Colorado. I'll post the 2021 F-150 Super Crew (double cab) prototype mule spy pictures next.

Last edited:

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Glad they finally did away with the funky shaped front door window opening.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been coming to A-Basin for about 15 years, if you include multiple times a year it is up around 25-30 times. There has not been a trip where we haven't seen some sort of prototype there that was doing high elevation testing. If you go behind the Arapahoe Cafe, there is a small motor lodge where many of these brands stay and camp out.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I've been coming to A-Basin for about 15 years, if you include multiple times a year it is up around 25-30 times. There has not been a trip where we haven't seen some sort of prototype there that was doing high elevation testing. If you go behind the Arapahoe Cafe, there is a small motor lodge where many of these brands stay and camp out.

The past few years it has been VERY common at the very least. Its pretty crazy.

But man, F150 future model, thats a find :D

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have sent numerous pics in to Brenda Preddy..when there was Durango proto testing a few years back, I shot some on the way to dinner and when I got home and sent them in, I beat out by about 30 minutes per Brenda. I figure by the time a vehicle is in Summit County, it has been tagged. I still like to slow down when I see them and pull the camera out...they will change lanes and take off pretty quick. We occationally see them parked on the Dillon Damn Road, I will stop, just to see them pull away. Way back before the internet, I got a picture of the Geo Prism published in Motor Trend, they paid $100.

TS
tball

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll admit I was hoping it was a new Tundra. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have bothered to stop to take the pictures. F-150 was a decent consolation prize. ;)

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice to see Ford wasting money on an ugly as _________ paint job.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What I find interesting is not matter what the brand, American, German, Japanese that we see testing...they ALL have Michigan plates.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice to see Ford wasting money on an ugly as _________ paint job.
The wrapping that they are doing is to mask the lines of the body to make them toughter to photograph and discern.

TS
tball

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TFL guys chasing the prototype F-150 and Bronco around Summit County. Looks like I just missed them on Loveland Pass that same day:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
TFL guys chasing the prototype F-150 and Bronco around Summit County. Looks like I just missed them on Loveland Pass that same day:

That "Bronco" looks FUGLY.

All Ford needs to do is chop up a f150 and add a top. That what the Bronco is/was. F150 based.

TS
tball

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That "Bronco" looks FUGLY.
That Bronco so bad it can't look anything about the final version, can it?

Ford already has an uphill battle. A couple of interesting articles about 2 door SUV's from a guy that hates them:

Every Single Two-Door SUV Has Failed
https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/every-single-two-door-suv-has-failed-266841

Attention Automakers: Please Stop Selling Two-Door SUVs
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/04/attention-automakers-please-stop-selling-two-door-suvs/

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
What I find interesting is not matter what the brand, American, German, Japanese that we see testing...they ALL have Michigan plates.

Because importer headquarters are in the Motor City.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A plaid truck! Finally, my dream come true!

Or........to make CERTAIN nobody misses it?!

@tball pics of the F150 with snow in background makes em pretty camouflaged, they need to put some fluorescent or contrasting color on them for some visibility factor on the high roads.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Glad they finally did away with the funky shaped front door window opening.

That door shape allows the mirrors to be positioned a couple inches lower than normal. From the drivers perspective, it opens up visibility above the mirror. Great design. Safety item.