• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tweener Ski rec.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're still looking the Moment Carson might be an option. I don't think anything has changed in them in the last few years except graphics. You may be able to find a pre-lo ed pair somewhere.

Powder Tern

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Nordica has a new youth line this season, the Enforcer S/Santa Ana S. 78-80 mm under foot depending on length, full wood core. Same shape as Enforcer/Santa Ana. I just picked up a pair for my 12yo daughter.

Any reports on the Santa Ana? I'm looking at those for my lightweight 13-year-old daughter. Especially curious whether they're serviceable on firmer snow.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Any reports on the Santa Ana? I'm looking at those for my lightweight 13-year-old daughter. Especially curious whether they're serviceable on firmer snow.
Well, if she has outgrown them, I'll be ordering another pair for my daughter this season. She skied them all over the mountain in every condition imaginable, even the NASTAR course. I don't think we get the level of "firm" here than back east, though.

Powder Tern

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Well, if she has outgrown them, I'll be ordering another pair for my daughter this season. She skied them all over the mountain in every condition imaginable, even the NASTAR course. I don't think we get the level of "firm" here than back east, though.

I'm more about quality than quantity and tend to skip the bulletproof days. And she's more about ski color than anything else. So, the Santa Ana's may just fit the bill. Thanks for the report!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm more about quality than quantity and tend to skip the bulletproof days. And she's more about ski color than anything else. So, the Santa Ana's may just fit the bill. Thanks for the report!
The wood core and added stiffness was a big adjustment for my daughter at first, but once she got used to them, she was confident everywhere, particularly off-piste crud and powder, which she used to not like.

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
I just purchased a pair of these for my 13 year old daughter. I have to say, I expected them to be a little stiffer. I think I am going to stick with them, but I did consider getting the Santa Ana 88 in the same size (150). She is definitely in between kids and women skis. Unsure how much skiing will actually happen this year.

Evo.com has last years versions for only $200. https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/nor...cUR5JZ-qEsfETFyLVG2pBVB_mXavr9MhoCP18QAvD_BwE