• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TV source for watching your favorite feeds

How do you watch tv?

• Cable (Charter, Spectrum, Comcast, etc)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Satellite dish (Dish, Direct tv, etc)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Hulu Live TV

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Youtube TV

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Devices-including Roku, Apple TV, Fire Stick, accessing apps like Hulu basic, Netflix, etc

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Antennae

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Amazon Prime

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • I have selected 2 or more options in this poll

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • All polls are flawed, therefore this one is flawed.

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I think we'll stay put for now. Youtube tv is $50 and change a month with unlimited cloud recording and we currently use it at home, condo, my tablet and both our phones.

I like the interface of Hulu live.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have Hulu Live as it allowed me to record and save to view at another time. There's one or two network shows I couldn't leave behind when we stopped DISH.

I do not watch sports other than World Cup, so can't comment on that issue.

We also use Amazon Prime (got it years ago for the shipping) and Netflix (shared account). And Netflix DVD (because since I live in the woods we can't rely on streaming entirely. Our downloads when they work are under 3 Meg and the company is always screwing something up so that stops working. Usually late Friday afternoon.)

I can't remember what DISH cost, but this is FAR cheaper. Prime we were already getting. The real cost was Hulu Live, which was less than half of Dish at the time we switched. And I don't have to deal with DISH anymore, a bonus at any price.

Initially we were using the TV's internet capabilities, but they were so cumbersome and for Hulu Live we needed Roku, which is far better.

I feel like this is the best TV we have ever had. So much to watch! My watch lists are huge, really too many choices.
Where do you find the World Cup on Hulu Live TV?
I'm guessing the Olympic Channel.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Last year it was the Olympic channel and something else. I picked a show called FIS Alpine Skiing and set it to record and it picked up multiple channels as I recall. I could barely keep up with all the shows and was still watching racing in May or June.