• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tuning table?

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I purchased a very burly, industrial stainless steel bench at a liquidation sale for $75. It is perfect. Easy to clean up. Maybe cruise CL and local papers for such sales?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I purchased a very burly, industrial stainless steel bench at a liquidation sale for $75. It is perfect. Easy to clean up. Maybe cruise CL and local papers for such sales?

good point. there's used office and restaurant supply stores that may have deals.

Stainless ... nice,

Davec1

Booting up
Skier
I built a folding waxing/tuning table using the following link as a guide.

http://chris-cbphotography.blogspot.com/2011/11/ski-tuning-bench-ver-2-done.html#more

It folds up and stores in the attic during summer. I like that it catches all the wax so avoids making a mess wherever I choose to use it.

I bought an old collapsible table and pulled off the legs.

After a bit of trial and error my advice would be to make it about 210cm / 7' long so that there is plenty of room/overhang for wax scrapings to fall away and not fall on the floor. My first version was 190cm and was a bit short when working on 180cm skis.

1598914440401.png

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a recycled sewing-machine cabinet for my bench. The info that is relevant to you, is that it was too wobbly. I put the removed sewing machine back, balanced on the bottom stringer between the legs, and now it is great.

So a wobbly table can be improved with a separate weight located low. Having it separate improves portability.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid