• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tuning table?

crabjoe

Booting up
Skier
Originally I was going to build a table to tune on, but now I'm thinking about just buying so I can move it as needed.

Anyone use the Swix T75w? Would it be better than if I used a sawhorse and just mounted a 3/4" piece of ply wood to it?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Toko: https://tokous.com/workbench-small/

5549889.jpg

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
The Swix table is a little smaller and lighter than I want for home use and too big to travel with. It's also a little pricey for what it is, and I don't need anything that folds up. I've built a few different benches that work better for me. YMMV.

dm

rocdoc

Getting on the lift
Skier
I got the Swix foldable version, and I would not recommend it frankly. Not quite sure what I paid for. It's a cheap foldable table. With a nice graphic on top. Seems that the nice graphic is what you pay the premium for. It's wobbly, and to use it I have to put a counterweight on the opposite side of my skis, otherwise it tips over when I work on them. I would recommend any solid table that you may have lying around, or you could get at a garage sale...

TS
C

crabjoe

Booting up
Skier
I got the Swix foldable version, and I would not recommend it frankly. Not quite sure what I paid for. It's a cheap foldable table. With a nice graphic on top. Seems that the nice graphic is what you pay the premium for. It's wobbly, and to use it I have to put a counterweight on the opposite side of my skis, otherwise it tips over when I work on them. I would recommend any solid table that you may have lying around, or you could get at a garage sale...

This is what I'm afraid of... I use to work on a bench that was mounted to the wall, so it was solid.. but I'd like something I can move around... from garage to basement or the other way as needed. Thought about the sawhorse idea, but I was thinking that might wobble even more. That's why I'm looking at these foldable tables.

Pdub

best day ever
Skier
That table is meant for travelling. It's OK for waxing but lousy for edge work, way too wobbly. You need a good heavy workbench for home tuning.

TS
C

crabjoe

Booting up
Skier
That table is meant for travelling. It's OK for waxing but lousy for edge work, way too wobbly. You need a good heavy workbench for home tuning.

Ok.. found this at home depot. I don' think I'd want to move it, but it seem small enough to move, as needed. One thing I don' t like is the particle board top. But I guess that's why it's cheap.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I got this from one of the online ski stores but if you're inclined that way you could make it yourself. The only thing portable about it is the handle. It's stable if your floor is flat. Weighs a ton.

IMG_20171130_153958.jpg

IMG_20181002_131306.jpg

TS
C

crabjoe

Booting up
Skier
I am using this at home. Very spacious and sturdy.
I have no complaints so far.
If you are not specifically looking for travel bench, then this would serve you well.
There are cheaper plastic versions from walmart that would work great as well.

I might have something like this in my shed. When I get a chance, I'm going to have to go take a look and see if it would work for my.. The one I have is plastic and it folds in half.

Thanks!

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
I might have something like this in my shed. When I get a chance, I'm going to have to go take a look and see if it would work for my.. The one I have is plastic and it folds in half.

Thanks!
Plastic is to light ,It would not be stable at all. I tried before .
The one form Costco is very heavy table and I would go with that .
But to me for $50-$60 you can built your own.What I did , I got wood and attach to garage wall, I think with hangers to hold wood cost me like $40.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Swix T75W is a very light duty tuning bench. I travel with one. Will never use it at home. It is pretty flimsy. The top is particle board with plastic laminate. It will blowup with the slightest hit of water.

You can built your own KO unit with couple decent saw horses, 2x4 & 3/4" plywood.
If you use saw horses, make sure they are tall enough for you to work on the skis without stooping.

Couple of saw horse options.

1581383988557.png

1581384053108.png

Attachments

• 1581384024553.png
    1581384024553.png
    560.7 KB · Views: 93

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I understand, but I need to be able to move it. Something like that ain't gonna be moving.
Do you mean moving to travel often, or moving to a new location occasionally?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January