• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
And so it begins.
20180913_203304.jpg
20180913_205654.jpg
20180913_205332_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
BTW, what's the Simple Green for?

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Water downed Simple green for cleaning and for lubricating the edge grinder.

Well......you won't need any of that soap wax stuff. You know the one that starts with an "H" and ends with an "L". You'll have plenty of soap already!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Well......you won't need any of that soap wax stuff. You know the one that starts with an "H" and ends with an "L". You'll have plenty of soap already!

Yes...BUT...I think both of you need more perfume/fragrance/smell in your waxes...

I'm going to do the kindhearted, decent thing here and send you all my O..e .B..ll .J.y leftovers.

Bubble Gum Stench 4EVA!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not tuning season in this house until Podium opens.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I have to take my bike tuning vice down to change over, so I don't change over until it's too cold to cycle.
unnamed.jpg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
You guys are nuts. Except for @Dwight . You start as soon as you can. And extend the season as long as you can. Or else.

On my side:
  • Got a ski package for my girl. Boots and skis. @SkiEssentials
  • Got my son fitted boots. Yay.
  • Sent his skis and mine for a full tune. Mine (rally) 1/3. All done.
:yahoo:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I tuned the family skis and applied prep/storage wax before putting them away last spring, but will need to finish the prep wax cycles before applying the first on-snow wax of the season. I usually wait until after our local ski swap in DE in early October in case I see something there I like. The guy who originally fitted my boots is big like me and has the same BSL. I almost bought his Atomic Vantage 100 with Pivot 14 bindings last year! Instead, I waited and got powder skis for the wife and I over the summer and immediately went to work on those. So may be I'll need to start earlier this year. How do you guys with big quivers keep up with all those skis?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
r. How do you guys with big quivers keep up with all those skis?

Thursday nights? One can do 4-5 pairs in an evening easy once one has the workflow, waxing, edgework and cooling stations sorted. OFC, the waxes will have to wait until the am to get scraped, but *shrug* it really isn't hard.

Sponsor