• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tune them as you use them. You don't ski the whole quiver (of 15+ skis) in one day. :)

You may not, but for some ... :D

changeskis.jpg

In the preseason tune up, I usually run something like a production line with related logical task grouped. Usually no more than 3-4 hours per session. I keep track of tasks scheduled and performed with a spread sheet. Takes a few days but no hurry, there is no snow yet.

In season, max 2-5 pairs over night and only as needed.
I am definitely into ski more and tune less.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Tune them as you use them. You don't ski the whole quiver (of 15+ skis) in one day. :)

That's funny. :) Family of 5 and friends. Some times we get crazy on a small hill.

@cantunamunch My cooling station is about 30 steps away, usually a good dark micro brew or bourbon.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well......you won't need any of that soap wax stuff. You know the one that starts with an "H" and ends with an "L". You'll have plenty of soap already!
My budget isn't as high as you pro's.

I've been happy with Purl.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
My budget isn't as high as you pro's.

I've been happy with Purl.

Purl is just fine. Wax is better than no wax. Take no offense. I'm just funing with you. BTW, I too am a budget skier! I wax and tune for a few folks each season, so that pays for my waxes etc. Just spent $177.00 on three 400 gram bars of waxes and one file! Just basic waxes!

Last edited:
TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
@Jacques, no offense. I like paying $20 for 1lb and it works better than SVST wax for me. Not sure I could tell the difference on higher end waxes any way, I don't race to time my run, other than too short. :)

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
@Jacques, no offense. I like paying $20 for 1lb and it works better than SVST wax for me. Not sure I could tell the difference on higher end waxes any way, I don't race to time my run, other than too short. :)

Oh shoot. Now I have to do math. Hmmm 28 grams in an ounce. 16 ounces in a pound............seems you got 448 grams for $20.00. The stuff I use is $55.00 for 400 grams. That's as cheap as I get. It all goes up from there.
$99.00 for Phantom 2.0 looks cheap!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, it may not be waxing but it's kind of like waxing big, long boards. And my season won't start until these boards are "waxed" and edged (around the rooms)!
20181004_105942.jpg

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I purchased the prepainted, they go down faster. :)

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
OK, it may not be waxing but it's kind of like waxing big, long boards. And my season won't start until these boards are "waxed" and edged (around the rooms)!
View attachment 54870

Just finished all the door trim and baseboards in the ski condo. I think I’ll pay someone next time. I truly hated all the angle cutting. I f’d up so many times.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just finished all the door trim and baseboards in the ski condo. I think I’ll pay someone next time. I truly hated all the angle cutting. I f’d up so many times.
Worth. Every. Penny.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled tuning thread! :yahoo:
dewalt-miter-saws-dcs361b-64_1000.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

That's why the trim guys are usually ones that get to work with the smallest pieces of wood and still get the highest pay.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I moved my waxing box of stuff back to it's spot on top of my work bench and ordered a bag of 1000 binding hole plugs.. Does that count for starting my tuning season?

I figure I still got a couple weeks before I actually need to warm up the iron and get going on our skis.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got a Tognar shipment of Dominator ReNew prep wax, new steel brush, Arkansas stone, and deburring stone. I'll be ready to start the waxing once it cools off here later this month.

Sponsor