• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Tricia's Long-Term Review of 2020 Liberty V-Series Women's Line

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was honored to be asked introduce the Liberty V-Series skis for Women back in January with a facebook live feed and follow up with a long term review of these to great skis.

I have included my reviews in my 2020 ski reviews, but I thought it was fitting to post my long-term review thread on Independence Day — after all, "Give me Liberty!"

62005284_10157032806256138_2386942106410156032_o.jpg

Tricia: Mammoth Liberty V76 W

Here are my reviews pulled from the review threads with a few follow-up thoughts as I've been skiing these skis for some time.

Liberty V76 W
Dimensions: 126-76-106
Radius: 12m@158cm
Sizes: 151, 158, 165
Sizes tested: 158, 165
Design: All New

This is one of the skis I had been waiting for ever since skiing the V76 last year in a 172, and the promise of a women’s version in shorter lengths for 2020. The V76 in 165 is part of my test fleet, so I’ve had a chance to take her out in a variety of conditions with a couple different tunes. This ski is incredible in the moguls, edgeable on hard pack, and powerful in the crud. Having skied it in three lengths, I can say that there is a fit for just about anyone looking for a ski with this kind of tenacity. It is rare that you find a 76mm-waisted ski that instills confidence off piste the way the Liberty V76 W does. The thing I haven’t touched on yet is the incredibly gorgeous top sheet; the artists and engineers at Liberty have outdone themselves on this one.
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for a frontside-biased ski that can charge moguls and trees.
  • Who is it not for? Jibbing Jenny.
  • Insider tip: If you’re looking for stability at speed, go up a size. If you’re looking for a nimble daily driver, stay true to your usual size.

Liberty V82 W
Dimensions: 129-82-110
Radius: 12.5m@158cm
Sizes: 151, 158, 165
Size tested: 158, 165
Design: All New

Much like the Liberty V76 W, the 82 is good on groomers, playful in the moguls, and powerful in the trees. The primary difference is exactly what you’d expect with a ski that is 6 mm wider: it is just a little more stable for someone who is accustomed to a little wider ski, while it fills the spot in your quiver as a frontside-biased but bad-ass off-piste daily driver.
  • Who is it for? Someone looking for versatility in a ski.
  • Who is it not for? Someone looking for a dull day.
  • Insider tip: Don’t overthink the size. I’ve had fun on both the 158 and 165.

Last edited:

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks @Tricia and @Philpug for letting me demo these skis!! I skied the V76W/165cm at Mammoth the end of May. I have never been on Liberty Skis before so I was very excited and I haven't stopped talking about them since! I like to ski the ski, not be along for the ride, I like 'fun' lighter weight skis. When I demo, I try to put skis thru the paces. I look for the skis limitations and strengths, I even try to make them misbehave or I misbehave on them to see what they do. Some skis I get on I can't wait to get off them, many get a 'meh' I'm not swapping my current ride. It's exciting when I find a ski that give me lots of smiles and that Wow factor.

Suffice to say, I never found the limits of the Liberty V76W. I sure had a lot of Fun skiing them and Lot's of Wow's! These were easy on my legs and especially my used up knees. There was no tip chatter (one of my absolute no's in a ski) I had a blast carving up the frozen cord in the morning, making my quick turns, cranking GS turns,they are awesome carvers, bend them over and they 'stick,' they track well, they like leaving rail road tracks they are a very stable ski they are not squirrelly. As the sun warmed the spring snow the V-76 handled the piles of corn very well! I was amazed! All I kept saying was Wow these are WAY FUN and holy cow I'm not missing my Z-90's and OMG I'm on a 76 in piles of spring corn and having a blast! Unreal in the soft piles. Yes, I had fun in the bumps, crud, frozen cord and kept being WOW'D And for inquiring minds, yes ripping Mammoth groomers they had the Zoom Factor too :)

My Ear to ear grin lasted all day. I even passed on trying other skis and skied the V76's again the next day! They are that much fun! And So much fun they will be replacing my Atomic Cloud 11's.

@Tricia 's review is spot on, Liberty V76W is a really nice ski, it does what you ask it to do and will leave you wanting more. And they are very Purty.. I don't buy skis for their top sheets but these have even more WOW factor, these skis are gorgeous!! Nice job Artists & Engineers!

Thanks to @Pugski Test Team for the demo and Cheer's to Liberty on making a wonderful ski! (I can't wait to get my own)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks @Tricia and @Philpug for letting me demo these skis!! I skied the V76W/165cm at Mammoth the end of May. I have never been on Liberty Skis before so I was very excited and I haven't stopped talking about them since! I like to ski the ski, not be along for the ride, I like 'fun' lighter weight skis. When I demo, I try to put skis thru the paces. I look for the skis limitations and strengths, I even try to make them misbehave or I misbehave on them to see what they do. Some skis I get on I can't wait to get off them, many get a 'meh' I'm not swapping my current ride. It's exciting when I find a ski that give me lots of smiles and that Wow factor.

Suffice to say, I never found the limits of the Liberty V76W. I sure had a lot of Fun skiing them and Lot's of Wow's! These were easy on my legs and especially my used up knees. There was no tip chatter (one of my absolute no's in a ski) I had a blast carving up the frozen cord in the morning, making my quick turns, cranking GS turns,they are awesome carvers, bend them over and they 'stick,' they track well, they like leaving rail road tracks they are a very stable ski they are not squirrelly. As the sun warmed the spring snow the V-76 handled the piles of corn very well! I was amazed! All I kept saying was Wow these are WAY FUN and holy cow I'm not missing my Z-90's and OMG I'm on a 76 in piles of spring corn and having a blast! Unreal in the soft piles. Yes, I had fun in the bumps, crud, frozen cord and kept being WOW'D And for inquiring minds, yes ripping Mammoth groomers they had the Zoom Factor too :)

My Ear to ear grin lasted all day. I even passed on trying other skis and skied the V76's again the next day! They are that much fun! And So much fun they will be replacing my Atomic Cloud 11's.

@Tricia 's review is spot on, Liberty V76W is a really nice ski, it does what you ask it to do and will leave you wanting more. And they are very Purty.. I don't buy skis for their top sheets but these have even more WOW factor, these skis are gorgeous!! Nice job Artists & Engineers!

Thanks to @Pugski Test Team for the demo and Cheer's to Liberty on making a wonderful ski! (I can't wait to get my own)

It was fun skiing with you at Mammoth on this ski. We had similar feedback at Arapahoe Basin with @Luvbug and @margaritamarcia. Both are going to be future owners of this ski. Ask @bbinder