• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada Tremblant 2020-2021

Keith Moon

Booting up
Skier
My family of 4 are looking pretty seriously into going to Tremblant this year. We live in North Carolina in the USA but my wife and kids are dual US/Canadian citizens, so we can get into Canada; we just have to quarantine for 2 weeks at my in-laws’ house in eastern Ontario. Since we can all do work/school remotely we are leaning toward going up to Ontario in early December and then heading over to Quebec after Christmas. I “cleverly” jumped on Ikon Base Passes for all of us right before COVID hit, expressly so we could go to Tremblant, since we alternate years going to Canada for Christmas. Basically the Ikon Base passes pay for themselves with 3 days at Tremblant and 2 at Snowshoe (which is the best mountain anywhere near us and an Alterra resort) assuming dollar exchange rates hold steady. We COULD also just defer the Ikon passes until next year but then my son ages out of the cheaper Ikon junior passes (or whatever they call them) and it blows the economics all to hell.

If I had known what would happen with COVID I would have gotten an Indy Pass and just stayed relatively local on smaller hills this year, Oh well…

Anyway, any thoughts from Tremblant veterans would be appreciated.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
You are so right about the quarantine. My only concern is that with the latest numbers in Ontario and Quebec, that Quebec doesn't shut down again. Ontarians could not cross into Quebec to even check properties that they might have in Quebec. As for the skiing...I'm looking forward to less crowds!! Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the member letter from Tremblant. Please check the Canadian government website for information about allowing you in. There are many stories going around. Are you flying...because gateways are only....Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Driving shouldn't be a problem with Hill Island, Prescott or Cornwall for crossings. Be prepared for 50 million questions....

I don't think that things will be much different that what is happening right now. Plan to stay on the mountain if you can. The Grand Manitou, Fourcette la Diable, will only be open for the bathrooms I suspect. No eating in, maybe take out. But at -20C I'm not doing take out!! Restaurant seating will be limited to 1/3 or 1/2 capacity, little après. Reservations will be necessary.

I'm not sure about snow school. I have friends that are instructors but they haven't heard anything yet.

Sponsor

Staff online