• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Trek Custom Builds

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Got an Email on this..
I see Root Beer is a partial option on the Rail. One of my favorite Trek colors was the Root Beer on the 990.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I ordered my Emonda thorough Project one. Its the best way to get exactly (or 99%) of what you want on a bike and your LBS can make swaps or mods through it as well. I ended up paying less by customizing the bike than the list price. There are certain parts like high-end bike seats, integrated bar/stem that are very costly and if you already have these or want to use lower cost parts you can do it. I went with Treks Project one silver which is a richer more metallic silver color than the stock silver at no additional cost, my own seat, Bontrager XXX4 wheels, a Zero Set back seat post and a couple of other things. this was in 2019.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I noodled around on it. It is kinda cool that you can spec what you want. We all have quibbles about what we're willing to spend money on.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
yeah, so why pay for stuff you dont want or get the stuff you really want. its a great buying tool.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
yeah, so why pay for stuff you dont want or get the stuff you really want. its a great buying tool.
Yeah exactly. I care about handlebars. Stem, not so much... Pick and choose. Besides it's good fun!

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I have a Project One Speed Concept - pretty happy with the result. My only complaint was I would have had to wait another 4 additional weeks to get a 165mm Shimano crank. I had to settle for a 172.5mm one that is now stashed in a drawer as a take off.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm contemplating a Project One bike for 2021...waiting to see if more paint colors are going to be available.

Sponsor

Staff online