• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ATLSkier

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm also a Douchebag user. I have used it for several years with no issues and love that I can roll it up when I get where I'm going.. I use it as my suitcase as well and pack all my clothes in it. Carry boots on in a backpack. Before I got the bag, I read on EpicSki about TSA opening the bag at the top end (where it doesn't open), and losing the detachable handle, so I had some cards laminated that I attach with a carabiner clip to the handle that tells TSA the bag opens at the bottom. No issues, even though the bag gets inspected everytime I fly with it.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
and so at the local shop today and was looking at the transpack bags. Both models. The double and the double vault pro.
Without niticng the vault pro I saw the regular (or older version) and checked it out. Good padding all the way around , nice outer covering, well made and was happy with the padding and honestly evryhting about it and imo the best bag they had. Then I later noticed (one) the pro (or newer) version. As happy as I was with the other, this thing was even so much more of evrrything. Very thick padding, real tough outer material, etc. I was like wow!. I mean I figured the extra 50 bucks we'd probably not see much difference but it was that much a difference. Its strange because the first one (had I not seen the pro) was already honestly an impressive bag to me and may have bought it right then and there. But the pro was like a whole other level of impressive. Its about as much a tank of a soft bag there might be. Im going to consider and maybe call to speak to see if I can get something off if buying two of them. That may make the difference on which ones I buy.
But I also must call transpack to find the weight of the bags. That extra heavy padding and outer material doesn't come without weight gains. So that could be an issue. Not listed on the website so I have to call.

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
Correction... I got a stronger rubber band and squeezed the brakes together a little more and my skis now fit in the series 1 Sportube.

WC68

Booting up
Skier
Ive got a High Sierra rolling double that I’ve used for probably 6 years now. Averaging a couple trips a year.if I’m only taking one pair of skis, I can literally fit everything I’d need to ski for a week in it and my carryon boot bag. A few holes in it now, a strap broken, etc. but I’ve gotten my money’s worth.
This says it will hold 185cm skis, not sure, but i can fit my 190s in it. They are 187on the tape measure.
https://shop.highsierra.com/map-col...-double-ski-bag/538950688.html#sz=12&start=35

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
and so...the transpack rolling double version vs the vault pro version is 7lb to 9lb.
Between the shell material and the extra padding is a 2lb difference. But that imo is significant. Worth the extra 50 bucks? I don't really know. But I do know from having looked at both in person, the vault padding is noticeably thicker (easily noticeable) via pressing the bag walls between fingers. Though the regular bag (as said) seems very well made and had I never seen/felt the vault version I was impressed with the regular. Im waiting for an employee that Ive dealt with a few times to return to work to see what can be done as for the price if I were to buy two of them. A little discount and maybe I buy two of the vault versions. No discount? well...I'll cross that bridge when I find out first..lol

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Correction... I got a stronger rubber band and squeezed the brakes together a little more and my skis now fit in the series 1 Sportube.
I lost the rubberbnd early on.

I use Velcro for that instead.

Sponsor

Staff online