• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Travel luggage opinions

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You might consider the weight of the bag when making a decision. I've had an Ogio roller for 15 years and it's great and has been all around the world with me but it weighs 15 pounds. On a domestic flight the bag itself takes up 30% of the weight limit.

So I'm in the market for a really light rolling duffel. I've seen some no names at TJ Maxx that are very light and very inexpensive. I'll probably give one a try. If it falls apart it's no big deal I can consider it a sacrifice to Louie the Luggagemangler..

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We have been using ebags Mother Lodes for 10 years. The design has changed a bit, but quality is probably the same. Only issue is a bent handle, but it still works -- and it is bent because @R.B. backed over it with an automobile, so there's that. Have a pair each of the 29 in., 25 in., and carry-on version.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My last double-ski roller bag just had a big tear in the handle, so time for a new one, not worth fixing.

I went with the Thule double roller as it looked well made, tie down straps for both skies, ski tip protector bags, and weighs officially at 3.6 kg = about 8 lbs. I jumped on the bathroom scale with it and still came in under 9 lbs. Over the last 2-3 years, airlines are certainly extra fussy about weight, so every pound saved helps.

Sponsor