• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Transworld converting to Men's Journal

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A snowboard friend sent me a note that Transworld Snowboarding is ending it's publication and the rest of her subscription will be filled under... Men's Journal.

I know it's snowboarding and I know previous conversations about gender in snowsports got shut down, but how does this still happen and can we at least get a collective facepalm that this isn't okay?

Last edited:
TS
Analisa

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Capture.PNG

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
How long was the snowboarding magazine published?

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
That's longer than a lot of special interest publications last.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Based on the link that @CYJ provided about AMI current magazines, I'd say Men's Journal is sadly the closest thing they have now to the snowboarding magazine... the rest are tabloids/gossip or body building.

TS
Analisa

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Men's Journal might be closest, but I still don't think it's appropriate. Especially when you consider the fact that your subscription data gets passed on to advertising. Converting to Muscle & Fitness says "we noticed you're active." Men's Health blatantly says "Snowboard? You must be a boy."

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Men's Journal might be closest, but I still don't think it's appropriate. Especially when you consider the fact that your subscription data gets passed on to advertising. Converting to Muscle & Fitness says "we noticed you're active." Men's Health blatantly says "Snowboard? You must be a boy."
Yep, just a wee bit...sexist. Also cheaping out by not refunding the remainder.