• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Trans-Provence

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Well, that may have been a stupid move. Just hit send on my entry for the 2017 Trans-Provence race. 250 km or so, 30,000m climbing and 60,000m descending on a bike in the Alps over 5-days. Not sure if I can do it or not, but only one way to know for sure. Two quotes come to mind - "We choose to go to the moon and do the other things not because it is easy, but because it is hard", and also, as Warren Miller said, "If you don't do it this year, you'll just be one year older when you do". I hope they pick my entry. At least I think I hope they pick my entry. Too late now!

Trans-Provence 2016 - Day 3
Racers have been living on the edge today at TP - the edge of an enormous gorge, that is. Stages 13-15 plummeted at a fast pace before the world's most impre...
YOUTUBE.COM

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, that may have been a stupid move. Just hit send on my entry for the 2017 Trans-Provence race. 250 km or so, 30,000m climbing and 60,000m descending on a bike in the Alps over 5-days. Not sure if I can do it or not, but only one way to know for sure. Two quotes come to mind - "We choose to go to the moon and do the other things not because it is easy, but because it is hard", and also, as Warren Miller said, "If you don't do it this year, you'll just be one year older when you do". I hope they pick my entry. At least I think I hope they pick my entry. Too late now!

Trans-Provence 2016 - Day 3
Racers have been living on the edge today at TP - the edge of an enormous gorge, that is. Stages 13-15 plummeted at a fast pace before the world's most impre...
YOUTUBE.COM

Wow, good on ya', epic!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I still need to get to stage, where I would become so insane as you obviously are, to dare and press submit for something like this. My first wish is still Cape Epic, but it's probably too expensive, and most importantly, it's held at wrong time... in winter I prefer skiing then training on mtb, so there's very slim chance, I would be in good shape for race like this in spring. But honestly, I admire your courage. It's true, you will never know otherwise if you are able to do it or not, unless to go for it. But even though I'm quite sure, I would probably make it, I still don't dare even to think on submitting application. So good luck with it, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed all will go well for you!

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Well, they didn't pick me. Looking for a Plan B.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I'm not sure what the other option are, one thing I like about Trans-Provence besides the beautiful location is that it is a "blind" enduro meaning that the course is not announced ahead of time you have to improvise and ride it as you see it. This means that people with serious resources won't show up and pre-ride the course for two weeks straight. It's also nice that it is fully supported all I'd have to worry about is getting to France and surviving the race. There's a great option in New Zealand, but it's during ski season, so that is out. Same with Chile.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm not sure what the other option are, one thing I like about Trans-Provence besides the beautiful location is that it is a "blind" enduro meaning that the course is not announced ahead of time you have to improvise and ride it as you see it. This means that people with serious resources won't show up and pre-ride the course for two weeks straight. It's also nice that it is fully supported all I'd have to worry about is getting to France and surviving the race. There's a great option in New Zealand, but it's during ski season, so that is out. Same with Chile.
Nice set up! In case of injuries, how does the medical insurance coverage situation work w/ you being from the U.S. as a visitor in France?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, they didn't pick me. Looking for a Plan B.

The Trans-Cascadia here in Oregon is well-regarded, but pretty expensive, and somewhat hard to get into. Also a "blind" event.

There was one in Italy this year (Trans-Rezia), but that kind of looked like it was invite only, from the names and small numbers.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online