• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC TR - Whistler Blackcomb with Extremely Canadian

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
odd. I'm not sure what was going on with the site and the image but uploading it here. Maybe they changed some setting that won't let people pull from it but I'll have to find and adjust it since I pull from it some times. So Ruby Bowl, good visibility and snow IMG_4794_dpp.JPG

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Once I did the free tour at Blackcomb. I was the only one to show up so I asked to see all the gnarly stuff.
We were at the top of Saudans Couloir (now Couloir Extreme -long story) and I said "lets go down it"
He answered: "No, No, No Its not on the tour" . Next run after the tour I did it.

James

Out There
Instructor
Nice TR!
Stupid question- what's an EC clinic?
It's never a good thing when you ask a question and the guide says "you will die".

Was the snow and surface consistent enough that the low vis skiing could be done with regular turns? Or were there constant surprises of bumps or refrozen chunks or tracks underneath?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Whistler has a number of "clinics" through the snow school. Extremely Canadian (EC) is one of the adult type. Arc'teryx is a women's only camp, was Roxy camp. The EC is high level skiing.

WB has more snow then they know what to do with.....I don't think I've ever seen "refrozen" out there.

TS
GettingThere

GettingThere

Booting up
Skier
Nice TR!
Stupid question- what's an EC clinic?
It's never a good thing when you ask a question and the guide says "you will die".

Was the snow and surface consistent enough that the low vis skiing could be done with regular turns? Or were there constant surprises of bumps or refrozen chunks or tracks underneath?

James, EC - Extremely Canadian. Snow was deep and quite consistent, surface underneath though had little drops and roll overs so I struggled with the low vis (but it was good for me in terms of learning to deal with it). My friend was a bit gripped with fear, so the guide was trying to snap him out of it (all good).

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Whistler has a number of "clinics" through the snow school. Extremely Canadian (EC) is one of the adult type. Arc'teryx is a women's only camp, was Roxy camp. The EC is high level skiing.

WB has more snow then they know what to do with.....I don't think I've ever seen "refrozen" out there.

I think that you have, as when it gets warm and rains and everything gets soft, and then it gets cold and everything including the wet snowpack refreezes.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Well they don't have ice or hardpack like we have here in the east. It's not ice if it's not blue and you can't see the grass through it!

I've skied WB in January, February and never had any condition like we get in the east. One year it was so bad I had to get a major tune up towards the end of our week. My skis were trash from the rocks. But the snow was great. Frozen granular I've never seen.

Sponsor

Staff online