• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Toyota TJ Cruiser--I So Hope Toyota Will Make This Cool Ski Mobile

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-tj-cruiser-could-be-headed-for-production-r-1837559199

AWD. Hybrid. Sliding side doors. Lay flat Cargo. I want this.

eorbnheu2uhzhnkjc9do.jpg

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very cool, but too small. Make it Sienna size. An anti-minivan.

A tough-looking exterior and truly heavy-duty suspension and interior would be very attractive in both sizes.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
4300mm is Jeep Renegade/VW Tiguan sizing. Given how many of those exist around here, Toyota will have a WINNER for urban transport.

I totally support Toyota making one in this size. Just make it faster than a Prius, mmmkay?

If they want bigger, make it an FJ.

TS
skibob

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
4300mm is Jeep Renegade/VW Tiguan sizing. Given how many of those exist around here, Toyota will have a WINNER for urban transport.

I totally support Toyota making one in this size. Just make it faster than a Prius, mmmkay?

If they want bigger, make it an FJ.
Just drove my wife's Prius this weekend. So I will add a "Hallelujah" to that.

I am thinking it could get the RAV4 hybrid drivetrain. Recently drove my friend's RAV4 Hybrid (the new one that gets 39mpg) and it was . . . adequate. Definitely better than a Prius.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'd prefer the Toyota UUV concept over this -- a Sienna on a tacoma frame is the stuff of dreams.

Boggles my mind that an Astro van is still the most camp-friendly AWD minivan around.

TS
skibob

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not a minivan. Not AWD (4x4 only)
It had not really registered that it is 4x4 and not AWD. A very good point. Of course, there is nothing "mini" about it. Just went camping in my Vanagon Westfalia this weekend, so I can relate. But wouldn't drive that thing to Tahoe in the winter if you paid me!

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
But wouldn't drive that thing to Tahoe in the winter if you paid me!

Exactly. The Sienna is the best ski minivan right now. But it isn't ideally suited for a year round camper. Lacks clearance for anything more than very mild dirt roads, no space for a spare in the AWD version (which came with runflats), etc.

The newest iteration of the Ford Transit Connect has some potential -- if they release it with AWD. But I'd love to buy a Toyota/Honda minivan with 8" of clearance, AWD and flexible rear space. Or Subaru could just release a minivan, that'd work for me too.

The key to a good minivan camper setup IME is swivel front seats. Sadly not something most the current setups are making possible.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Rather have this than the minivan: (hopefully in a few years I can mod my Ascent)

:D:D:D

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 12.31.12 PM.png

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
a guy down the street has one of these...
Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 11.36.57 AM.png

James

Out There
Instructor
IMG_6657.JPG

An FJ Cruiser and a Ford Flex had a baby and put some pimp wheels on?

What's up with Toyota and front to side relationships? I doubt that would look look like that if styled with clay before final prototype.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Boggles my mind that an Astro van is still the most camp-friendly AWD minivan around.
On a side note, I find it quite remarkable how many Astro vans are still going..you can't fling a dead squirrel without hitting one around here. GM gets ripped, rightly so, but that thing is a winner... There must be 50,000 of these things running around Toronto...
1987-Chevrolet-Astro-Van-front-right-18554707.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online